L.A. Galaxy rubbishes Milan claim of being close to signing BeckhamFebruary 20th, 2009 - 6:18 pm ICT by ANI
Los Angeles (US), Feb.20 (ANI): Major League Soccer (MLS) club Los Angeles Galaxy have rubbished A C Milans claims of them being close to securing England midfielder David Beckhams signature on a contract.
Tim Leiweke, the chief executive of Galaxy’’s owners AEG, told the Italian sports newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday that claims from Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani the previous day that the two sides were close to a deal were ”nonsense”.
“Two weeks ago Milan made a ridiculous offer that took me just a few seconds to reject,” he said of the reported three million dollar bid.
“With this figure Galaxy wouldn”t even be able to cover the loss in revenue from shirt sales. Since then I haven”t heard a thing and no meeting has been set up,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted him as saying further.
Leiweke said that his level of exasperation with Milan was growing by the day.
“I”ve decided to speak out because I”ve read too many inaccuracies. After that ridiculous offer we”ve had no more contact from Milan. They”ve gone after other people from the League’’s commissioner to David’’s representatives, but not us,” he said.
Although Beckham has made his desire to shift to Milan clear, Leiweke denies that this has put Milan in a position of strength with regards any transfer.
“If they think they”ll get him on the cheap that way, they”re wrong,” he was quoted, as saying. (ANI)
- LA Galaxy say Beckham deal not imminent - Feb 21, 2009
- David Beckham wins the MLS Comeback Player of the Year Award - Nov 15, 2011
- Beckham back at AC Milan in January - Nov 03, 2009
- Ferguson rules out Beckham's Man U return - Dec 24, 2010
- Beckham likely back at AC Milan, Totti mulls over national team - Oct 13, 2009
- Beckham banned for misconduct - Jul 06, 2012
- FA denies Redknapp, Beckham 'dream team' replacing Capello - Jan 07, 2011
- Beckham not to play in Premier League, opts for A C Milan - Jul 26, 2009
- Beckham branded a 'selfish pig' by Los Angeles Galaxy fan - Jan 03, 2011
- Beckham likely to join Tottenham Hotspur on three-month deal - Jan 02, 2011
- Beckham's Porsche is on sale on eBay - Jan 08, 2011
- No deal yet with Beckham: AC Milan - Mar 07, 2009
- Beckham to return to Galaxy next month - Jun 01, 2009
- Beckham all set for AC Milan return - Oct 27, 2009
- Fans boos welcome Beckham during LA Galaxy's first game - Mar 17, 2011
Tags: adriano galliani, aeg, chief executive, david beckhams, desire, exasperation, inaccuracies, italian sports, l a galaxy, los angeles galaxy, major league soccer, midfielder, milan, milans, mls club, morning herald, sydney morning herald, tim leiweke, us feb, vice president