Kumble registers his best bowling in Twenty20(Statistical Highlights)May 22nd, 2008 - 2:05 am ICT by admin
Chennai, May 22 (IANS) Anil Kumble’s figures of three for 14 helped his team, Bangalore Royal Challengers, to defeat Chennai Super Kings by 14 runs in their Indian Premier League (IPL) tie here Wednesday night. It was also his best bowling performance in Twenty20, which also won him the Man of the Match award. Chennai Super Kings’ Albie Morkel with his four for 32 was also delivered his career-best bowling figures in Twenty20.
Other statistical highlights of the match:
* Manpreet Gony’s figures of 4-1-11-2 are the best in terms of economy rate (2.75) by any bowler from Chennai Super Kings. Muttiah Muralitharan’s figures of 4-0-12-0 against Kolkata Knight Riders at Chepauk April 26 were the previous best.
* Gony, with 13 wickets at 26.61 runs apiece is the leading wicket-taker for Chennai.
* Rahul Dravid completed his 300 runs in the competition - 329 at an average of 29.90 in 12 games. He is the leading run-getter for Royal Challengers and the only one from the team to amass 300 runs in the IPL.
* Parthiv Patel (24) registered his best score in the IPL.
* Praveen Kumar, with 11 wickets at 31.36 runs apiece is the second highest wicket-taker for Royal Challengers, next only to Zaheer Khan (13 at 27.46 runs apiece).
* Stephen Fleming (45) posted his best score in the IPL.
* Super Kings have now won seven and lost five of their 12 outings. Their net run rate is minus 0.209.
* Royal Challengers have won three and lost nine out of their 12 ties.
* After 44 games, Super Kings are now placed at third position, behind Rajasthan Royals and Kings XI Punjab, in the IPL tally.
* Royal Challengers’ 126 for 8 is the lowest score by any team batting first in full 20 overs in the IPL.
* Super Kings’ 112 for eight is the lowest score by any team in full 20 overs.
Tags: best score, challengers, economy rate, getter, gony, knight riders, kumble, muttiah muralitharan, praveen kumar, premier league, punjab, rahul dravid, rajasthan, royals, stephen fleming, tally, third position, twenty20, wicket taker, wickets