Kumble, Srinath hope to lead Karnataka cricket administration soonNovember 3rd, 2010 - 5:16 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, Nov 3 (ANI): Former India captain Anil Kumble and his teammate fast bowler Javagal Srinath are all set to contest the Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) elections for the 2011-2013 term scheduled to be held on November 21.
“Cricketers of our generation must get involved in governing cricket. Our motive is to improve Karnataka cricket and hope to make more international cricketers,” Kumble told reporters here.
“We will give our hundred per cent for Karnataka Cricket. Our attempt will be to make Kartnataka Association the number one in India,” he added.
Earlier, long-standing KSCA secretary Brijesh Patel said: “”I have now decided not contest the election. With the changing times I firmly believe that fresh energy, new ideas and young feet are good for any institution.”
He further said he would do everything to facilitate the election of Kumble and Srinath as the new chief office-bearers for the 2010-13 term.
“We are lucky that we have Kumble, Srinath and others willing to sacrifice their time and energy to take Karnataka cricket forward, ” he added. (ANI)
- Kumble and Srinath to take over Karnataka cricket reins - Nov 02, 2010
- Kumble, Srinath to contest for top posts in KSCA - Nov 03, 2010
- Cricketers should get into administration, says Kumble (lead) - Nov 03, 2010
- Kumble takes on Wadiyar in KSCA election in Bangalore - Nov 21, 2010
- Elections for top KSCA posts held in Bangalore - Nov 21, 2010
- No assembly probe into Bangalore ticket sale fiasco - Mar 03, 2011
- Kumble 'elected' KSCA president in tough fight (Lead) - Nov 22, 2010
- Dravid role model for young cricketers: Kumble - Mar 09, 2012
- Ex-royal, cricketers, politicians battle to run Karnataka cricket - Nov 11, 2010
- Kumble faces googly, Srinath a bouncer (Lead) - Feb 24, 2011
- World Cup: As crowds throng for tickets, cops cane them - Feb 24, 2011
- IPL season begins in Bangalore under tight vigil - Apr 07, 2012
- Karnataka assembly to discuss cricket match ticket chaos - Mar 02, 2011
- Karnataka lodge complaint about Vadodara track - Jan 05, 2011
- Dravid 'The Wall' calls it a day from Tests (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2012