Kuldeep bags gold in 10k-metre walk in Asian junior athleticsJune 12th, 2012 - 3:53 pm ICT by IANS
Colombo, June 12 (IANS) India’s Kuldeep won the gold medal in the boys 10,000-metre walk at the 15th Asian Junior Athletics Championship here Tuesday.
The Indian finished first with a timing of 45:01.44 seconds while Japan’s Matsunaga Daisuke grabbed the silver. China’s Zhang Zhi took the bronze.
China tops the medal tally with a total of 17 medals, including 10 gold, five silver and two bronze. The four-day event will conclude Tuesday evening with a grand closing ceremony.
- Chinese walker wins Sri Lankan hearts - Jun 12, 2012
- Asian Games: Athletics make it a golden Sunday for India (Roundup) - Nov 21, 2010
- Asian athletics: Mayookha leaps to gold, silver for Gowda - Jul 07, 2011
- Asian Games: Four golds take India's tally to 14 (Roundup) - Nov 26, 2010
- Olympics: Phelps takes his medal tally to 21; US overtake China (Overall Roundup) - Aug 04, 2012
- Asian Games: Ashwini Chidananda, Joseph Abraham win 400m hurdles golds (Evening Lead) - Nov 25, 2010
- China harvests in 'backyard' sports but challenges loom ahead of Olympics - Dec 27, 2011
- Asian Games: Three gold medals lift India to eighth spot (Evening Roundup) - Nov 21, 2010
- Hurdlers Ashwini, Abraham; boxer Vikas Krishan win Asiad golds (Roundup) - Nov 25, 2010
- Swimmers raise China's Paralympic gold tally to 46 - Sep 04, 2012
- First Paralympic gold goes to China - Aug 31, 2012
- Mayookha, Om Prakash win bronze in Asian Athletics (Lead) - Jul 09, 2011
- Mayookha, Om Prakash win bronze in Asian Athletics - Jul 09, 2011
- A year to cherish for India's athletes (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 28, 2010
- China can't reach Beijing gold haul in London, says official - Apr 20, 2012