Kruttika inching close to National Women Chess titleDecember 25th, 2008 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 25 (IANS) Kruttika Nadig recorded a resounding victory against Asian Junior Champion Mary Ann Gomes in the eighth round of 35th Parsvnath National Women Chess Championship to move closer to the title Thursday.Kruttika now has 6.5 points and maintains a full point lead against top seed Tania Sachdev, as the latter failed to produce a decisive result in her game against Padmini Rout.
Playing black side of Queen Pawan Richter-Veresov attack, Kruttika displayed a fine attacking game and garnered full point in 48 moves.
On the other hand, Tania after getting to a winning position blundered in the end to give half point to Orissa girl Padmini after 66 moves in Grunfeld Defence.
In the crucial ninth round game Friday, Tania takes on leader Kruttika with black pieces.
Women Grandmaster Eesha Karavade defeated Bhakti Kulkarni and occupies the third spot with 4.5 points.
In other eighth round matches, seasoned campaigner Women Grandmaster Nisha Mohota overcame Amrutha Mokal in just 28 moves and former champion Swathi Ghate got better of Soumya Swaminathan after 51 moves in Ruy Lopez opening. Chennai based Pon N Krithika once again showed her mettle to beat Women International Master Kiran Manisha Mohanty in Alekhine Defence.
Results of Round 8: Amrutha Mokal (3.5) lost to Nisha Mohota (4), Mary Ann Gomes (3) lost to Kruttika Nadig (6.5), Tania Sachdev (5.5) drew with Padmini Rout (3.5), Soumya Swaminathan (4) lost to Swathi Ghate (3.5), Eesha Karavade (4.5) lost to Bhakti Kulkarni (3.5), Kiran Manisha Mohanty (2.5) lost to Pon N Krithika (4).
- Tania moves into sole lead in women's national chess - Nov 02, 2011
- Four share lead in National Premier chess - Oct 30, 2011
- Tania wins in 38 moves in National Premier chess - Nov 01, 2011
- Padmini shocks Tania to take lead in women's national chess - Nov 03, 2011
- Mary Ann takes lead in national chess - Nov 07, 2011
- Tania's national chess title quest suffers a blow - Dec 27, 2008
- Mary Ann pockets title in National Chess - Nov 09, 2011
- Kruttika Nadig is women's national chess champion - Dec 28, 2008
- Amrutha holds Soumya in Parsvnath National Women Chess - Dec 20, 2008
- Defending champion Tania held by Bhakti in national chess - Dec 23, 2008
- Padmini, Tania in lead at National Chess - Nov 05, 2011
- Mary Ann retains lead with a draw in National chess - Nov 08, 2011
- Asian Zone champion Kruttika qualifies for World Cup chess - Aug 15, 2009
- India A move closer to Asian Team Chess title - Dec 27, 2009
- Asian Chess Championships wide open after Sultana upsets Tania - Aug 14, 2009