Krejza has got something to offer in Oz World Cup defence: HealyFebruary 10th, 2011 - 2:22 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Feb 10(ANI): Former Australian wicketkeeper Ian Healy believes that off-spinner Jason Krejza could be the ’surprise factor’ in Australia’s World Cup defence.
Krejza was included in the 15-man Australian squad in place of injured Nathan Hauritz.
“Krejza should do the job. Hopefully he gets the sense Australia is ready to settle on a spinner. They’ve been through 10 or 11 and at some stage they’ll settle on someone,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Healy, as saying.
“I think he’s got something to offer. He’s got a nice presence about him, he has a crack and he’s not bad with the bat,” he added.
The 28-year-old had made his ODI debut against England in the seventh match in Perth on Sunday.
He finished with match figures of 2-53 from nine overs. (ANI)
- Krejza hopes to be 'surprise factor' in Australia's World Cup defence - Feb 09, 2011
- Ponting must use Krejza as team's No.1 wicket-taking spinner: Berry - Feb 13, 2011
- Krejza facing David and Goliath showdown on Indian subcontinent - Feb 09, 2011
- White to captain Aussies for first time in ODIs - Feb 04, 2011
- 'Pedestrian' Hauritz should not be picked for Australia again: John Benaud - Nov 18, 2010
- Tasmanian Krejza still hopeful about playing Test cricket for Australia - Jan 17, 2011
- Ex-Oz keeper Healy hits out at decision to rest stars - Feb 07, 2011
- Injured Hussey, Hauritz out of Australia's World Cup squad - Feb 08, 2011
- Krejza's place in final Oz XI as only spinner under threat from better batting part-timers - Feb 17, 2011
- Hauritz still sees need for spinner at 'green top' Gabba - Nov 02, 2010
- Ex-Aussie cricketers slam selectors for ignoring 'in-form' Hauritz - Dec 12, 2010
- Krejza should be recalled for Ashes: Mark Waugh - Nov 14, 2010
- Injured Hussey, Hauritz ruled out of Oz World Cup squad - Feb 08, 2011
- Hauritz to undergo surgery, can still be fit for World Cup - Jan 23, 2011
- Warne says he thinks about playing 'whenever Ashes comes around' - Nov 18, 2010