KP says not interested captaining England in World 20-20March 20th, 2009 - 12:37 pm ICT by ANI
Guyana (West Indies), Mar.20 (ANI): Former England cricket captain Kevin Pietersen is insisting that he does not want to lead the side in this summers Twenty20 World Cup. In an interview with his Nasser Hussain on Sky Sports to be aired today, Pietersen emphatically said `No when asked whether he could be persuaded to lead England in the World Twenty20.
He added: Id have to think long and hard about being captain again because of my personality, because of the way I like to do things. Well have to wait and see. If it gets chucked at me, Ill have to do a lot more thinking than the first time I took over. Straussys been great. Hes batted fantastically well. There was never going to be a problem with him. Hes done a fantastic job, led from the front, scored some great hundreds and hes a nice guy. I knew deep down the truth about what happened over the captaincy. I had issues with other departments of the management but I didnt have any issues with players when I came back into the side, he said. Strauss has challenged Pietersen and Colly to help end Englands winless winter.
Skipper Strauss reckons the previous two one-day captains are the key men as England attempt to place a W in the result column after 14 failures abroad.
Their importance is magnified because Andrew Flintoff is still missing with a hip problem. (ANI)
- Cook eyeing to succeed Strauss as England one-day captain - Apr 10, 2011
- I'm not done yet, says Strauss - May 16, 2011
- Pietersen casts doubt on three-captain strategy - May 11, 2011
- Strauss-led England better than 2005 team: Flintoff - Aug 04, 2011
- T20 winning captain Collingwood back in team as regular trooper - May 18, 2010
- Appointing Cook is a big mistake by Flower: Greig - May 11, 2011
- Cook likely to be named England ODI captain - May 05, 2011
- Strauss will be judged a great England captain only if he wins Ashes Down Under: Flintoff - Aug 23, 2010
- Pietersen to feature in World T20 as commentator - Aug 24, 2012
- My quitting as skipper laid England's Ashes win foundation: Pietersen - Dec 31, 2010
- England will stay No.1 for a long time: Harminson - Oct 08, 2011
- Moores sacking came at the right time: Pietersen - Dec 31, 2010
- After new captains, Boycott calls for new faces in England team - May 06, 2011
- Strauss says it would be "unhealthy" if Pietersen not aligned with county side - Jun 22, 2010
- Tons by Dilshan, Strauss set tone for England-Lanka series - May 16, 2011
Tags: andrew flintoff, england cricket captain, hes, job, kevin pietersen, key men, nasser hussain, nice guy, personality, result column, skipper, sky sports, strauss, truth about, west indies, world cup