Kolkatans participate in an oil conservation walkathonJanuary 25th, 2009 - 2:08 pm ICT by ANI
Kolkata, Jan.25 (ANI): Representatives of oil companies like Hindustan Petroleum, Bharat Petroleum and Indian Oil, along with employees of the Gas Authority of India (GAIL), members of the Petroleum Conservation Researchers Association (PCRA) and students from several schools participated in a walkathon here today.
The walk was aimed at creating awareness regarding the need to conserve oil.
According to S K Srivastava, Regional Manager, Bharat Petroleum, oil as a natural reserve was under threat of running out across the globe.
It was, therefore. necessary to use it judiciously, he added.
He said it was essential that the public became aware of the need to conserve oil.
Farheen Khatun, a student of the Tollygunje Girls High School, said: “We have come here for oil and gas conservation like students from other schools. We are from Tollygunje Girls High School and we have come for oil conservation. We participated here to make the people more aware regarding oil. Thats why this Walk-a-Thon has been arranged. We have participated in this walkathon to make public aware.”
The walk was organized as part of Oil and Gas Conservation Fortnight, 2009 from January 15th to January 31st. The fortnight is being observed by the public sector oil and gas companies in India under the aegis of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
The Ministry has been observing this fortnight every year since 1991 to focus public attention on issues of oil and gas conservation and environment protection. (ANI)
- Ishant Sharma, actress Matondkar participate in Delhi energy conservation walkathon - Oct 24, 2010
- Petroleum Secretary calls for enhancement of hydrocarbon productivity - Jan 19, 2009
- Murli Deora flags off walkathon for 'Petrotech 2010' in New Delhi - Oct 24, 2010
- Oil marketing firms losing Rs.518 crore per day - May 01, 2012
- LNG terminal capacity to be doubled at Kochi: Petroleum Secretary - Nov 22, 2010
- Kerala children walk to support rural students - Sep 18, 2011
- Firms keen on JVs for oil, gas exploration in Africa: Reddy - Dec 09, 2011
- ONGC-led consortium to invest $3 billion in Venezuela - Jul 11, 2012
- May consider reduction of diesel subsidy : Reddy - Feb 15, 2012
- Dikshit issues protect nature message on 'World Earth Day' - Apr 22, 2011
- India seeks more crude oil imports from Nigeria - Mar 16, 2011
- India holds bilateral talks with Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Canada - Nov 03, 2010
- India to step up oil, gas imports from Africa - Dec 09, 2011
- Gujarat to increase number of CNG stations to 300 - Jan 31, 2009
- Walkathon spreads awareness on World Population Day - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: aegis, bharat petroleum, companies in india, conservation researchers, farheen, fortnight, gas conservation, girls high school, hindustan petroleum, indian oil, oil and gas companies, oil companies, oil conservation, pcra, petroleum oil, public attention, public sector oil, regional manager, researchers association, walk a thon