Kohli relaxed going into IPLApril 5th, 2012 - 8:44 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 5 (IANS) India’s in-form batsman Virat Kohli says he is a lot more relaxed going into the Indian Premier League-V than the last season.
The 23-year-old has been in stellar form recently. He was the best batsman for India on the Australia tour and carried his form into the Asia Cup in Bangladesh.
Kohli, who is playing for the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) in the IPL, said he was not feeling the pressure to perform in the cash-rich event unlike last year.
“I am really excited about the IPL. I am feeling a lot relaxed this time around as I wanted to prove a point in the last edition,” Kohli said of ahead of RCB’s opening match against Delhi Daredevils here Saturday.
IPL is getting longer with every season and Kohli said it would be a challenge to perform consistently in the tournament.
“We have 16 league games to go. It is going to be a challenge for everyone. I am looking forward to each and every game,” he said.
When the discussion veered to his India teammate Sachin Tendulkar getting the Bharat Ratna, Kohli said it was time the master blaster was awarded with the country’s highest civilian award.
“He really deserves the Bharat Ratna. Whatever he has done is incredible. I don’t think anyone else can even think of making 100 international hundreds and play for over 22 years. It is something impossible,” he said.
Kohli’s comment comes a day after Maharashtra chief minister Prithviraj Chavan told the state assembly that his government will recommend Sachin’s name for the honour.
- Focus necessary to maintain winning momentum in IPL: Virat Kohli - Apr 29, 2011
- Dravid named captain of Rajasthan Royals - Dec 03, 2011
- Kings XI wary of Gayle 'storm' in revenge game - May 02, 2012
- Beleaguered RCB hopes to bounce back - Apr 17, 2012
- Gayle signs two-year contract with Royal Challengers Bangalore - Jan 20, 2012
- Virat Kohli is Toyota brand ambassador - Apr 05, 2012
- royal challengers keep playoffs hopes alive (Preview) - May 13, 2012
- RCB hopes to maintain winning spree - Apr 25, 2012
- Rohit can be one of India's greatest cricketers: Warne - May 12, 2011
- Uthappa pleasantly surprised with staggering IPL price - Jan 22, 2011
- Ponting calls for separate window for IPL - Apr 03, 2012
- Royal Challengers raring to go for kill from first IPL-V game - Apr 06, 2012
- Royal Challengers, Knight Riders both upbeat ahead of clash - May 13, 2011
- Frenzied fans pray for RCB win (Sidelights) - May 06, 2012
- IPL set for grand start - without 'feel good' factor - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: 22 years, asia cup, australia tour, bangalore, bangladesh, bharat ratna, challengers, chief minister, daredevils, honour, India, ipl, league games, master blaster, match, premier league, rcb, sachin tendulkar, state assembly, teammate