Kogo and Andersson win Stockholm marathonMay 31st, 2009 - 5:13 pm ICT by IANS
Stockholm, May 31 (Xinhua) Kenyans Paul Kipkemei Kogo and Swede Isabellah Andersson won the Stockholm marathon.
In Saturday’s race, Kogo crossed the finish line in two hours, 15 minutes and 35 seconds.
Andersson, a 28-year-old Kenyan who has applied for Swedish citizenship, won the women’s race in 2:33:52 ahead of local girl Lena Gavelin.
More than 18,000 runners from over 30 countries took part in the annual event.
- Kenya's Kipsang to debut in Berlin Marathon - Sep 14, 2012
- Kenyan one-two in Madrid Marathon - Apr 23, 2012
- World Athletics: Kenya's Kirui men's marathon title - Sep 04, 2011
- Kipsang, Keitany win London marathon - Apr 22, 2012
- World marathon record will soon fall: Kenyan runners - Feb 08, 2012
- Kenyan ace hopes to set record at TCS World 10K Bangalore - May 24, 2012
- Bangalore's 10k race to see elite athletes - May 11, 2012
- Ethiopian Gebre Gebremariam, Edna Kiplagat From Kenya Win NYC Marathon 2010 - Nov 08, 2010
- Kenya eyes seven golds at London Olympics - Jul 17, 2012
- Chandigarh marathon sees 113-year-old runner - Mar 13, 2011
- Runner dies during Mexico City marathon - Sep 04, 2012
- Nepali runner wins world's highest marathon race - May 29, 2012
- Kenyan runners win Belgrade international marathon - Apr 23, 2012
- Kenya's fall, rise and then fall again in London - Aug 14, 2012
- Mutai, Kabuu squeeze into Kenya's Olympic marathon squad - May 18, 2012