Kochi owners yet to take final call on Geoff Lawson as coachDecember 26th, 2010 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Dec 26 (IANS) Former Pakistan coach Geoff Lawson is high on the list of the Indian Premier League’s Kochi franchise for the coach’s job but the owners are yet to take a final decision on this. Kerala Cricket Association secretary T.C. Mathew told IANS that the franchise owners will take a call on the matter.
“I have been interacting with them and even though the final clearance for the coach has not been made, Lawson is very high on their list. Things are being deliberated and beyong that I do not have any role in such matters. With regards to the name of the team, I have suggested five names. It is ultimatly the decision of the owners,” said Mathew.
Mathew said the responsibility of the KCA is to see that they get ready the only international cricket stadium where ODI matches are being held.
“The Jawaharlal Nehru stadium at Kochi belongs to the Greater Cochin Development Authority and it is our responsibility to get it ready for the IPL matches. In the next few days, the decision would be taken on how to go about the preparation of the ground. It has been decided to improve the lighting in the stadium. We are working out everything,” said Mathews.
The Kochi franchise was retained in the IPL earlier this month after after its owners, in a last-minute agreement, sorted out their differences on the shareholding pattern.
- Kochi fans want home boy Sreesanth in IPL team - Jan 07, 2011
- Kochi IPL set to finalise name, coach - Sep 27, 2010
- Controversies done, Kochi set for maiden IPL match - Mar 31, 2011
- Blame game starts over abandoned Kochi ODI - Oct 17, 2010
- Kochi IPL owners in fresh row with Cochin Corporation - Apr 27, 2011
- 'No change in Kochi IPL team's home ground' - Feb 20, 2011
- Kochi IPL to reveal name, logo and jersey in February - Jan 18, 2011
- Rajasthan Royals, Kings XI terminated from IPL (Lead) - Oct 10, 2010
- Probe against Kerala Cricket Association officials - Sep 06, 2011
- Kochi IPL will make it: Kerala Cricket Association - Oct 10, 2010
- Kochi IPL owner says no show cause notice received from BCCI - Oct 07, 2010
- In huge IPL shake-up, Rajasthan and Kings are axed (Roundup) - Oct 10, 2010
- BCCI technical committee to inspect Kochi's home venue - Jun 20, 2010
- Kochi pulls out of IPL (Lead) - Nov 25, 2010
- IPL: Kochi wants to shift to Ahmedabad - Aug 16, 2011
Tags: association secretary, cochin, cricket association, cricket stadium, few days, final call, final decision, franchise owners, geoff lawson, international cricket, ipl, jawaharlal nehru, jawaharlal nehru stadium, kca, kerala, mathew, mathews, odi, premier league, shareholding