Knee injury could keep Nadal out of WimbledonJune 7th, 2009 - 3:20 pm ICT by ANI
London/Manacor (Spain), June 7 (ANI): A dmaged right knee could keep Spanish tennis player Rafael Nadal out of this year’s Wimbledon, The Telegraph reports.
Toni Nadal, the reigning Wimbledon champion’s uncle and coach, said the 23-year-old had a damaged right knee and was doubtful for the Grand Slam which starts on June 22.
“We have taken him out of the Queen’s tournament (June 8-14) and will do everything possible to get him there, but this is subject to medical tests,” Toni Nadal said.
There is something wrong with his knee but right now we are uncertain what the problem is,” he added.
Swede Robin Soderling knocked Nadal out of the French Open this year.
The latest injury scare is not connected with the persistent tendonitis suffered by the player.
Nadal is currently resting at his hometown of Manacor on the island of Majorca and will undergo detailed medical tests from Monday. (ANI)
- Nadal to consult a specialist for knee pain - Jun 07, 2009
- Wimbledon: Cautious Nadal on guard as right knee worrisome - Jun 27, 2010
- Nadal confident after resuming training - Jul 21, 2009
- Nadal feared he would never return to pinnacle of men's tennis - Jun 07, 2010
- Federer, Azarenka top seeds at London Olympics - Jul 24, 2012
- Roddick knee injury to keep him from London finals field - Nov 18, 2009
- Nadal beats Federer, wins sixth French Open crown (Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Davydenko fills last spot in London year-end semi-finals - Nov 28, 2009
- List of French Open winners in last 10 years - Jun 11, 2012
- Clay king Nadal lifts emphatic fifth title in Paris (Lead) - Jun 06, 2010
- Djokovic ends seven year Federer-Nadal domination at the top - Jul 04, 2011
- 'Almost impossible to win over Soderling if I'm not at my best': Nadal - Jun 05, 2010
- Nadal to visit South Africa to watch FIFA WC final - Jul 09, 2010
- Federer says French Open loss will help him be at his fiery best at Wimbledon - Jun 03, 2010
- Hewitt stuns Federer for Halle title - Jun 13, 2010
Tags: coach, french open, grand slam, hometown, knee injury, majorca, manacor spain, medical tests, queen, rafael nadal, robin soderling, scare, swede, telegraph reports, tendonitis, tennis player, wimbledon, wimbledon champion, wimbledon london