Kirsten declines to reveal future plansApril 3rd, 2011 - 10:18 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 3 (IANS) Gary Kirsten, the coach of the World Cup-winning Indian cricket team, Sunday declined to reveal his future plans or whether he would take over as the coach of South Africa.
Interacting with media persons after he was congratulated and felicitated by President Pratibha Patil, Kirsten said that he planned to return home to South Africa next week after completing his assignment with the Indian cricket team.
Asked whether he planned to take over as the coach of the South African team, Kirsten, who accompanied by his wife, merely smiled and declined to comment.
Kirsten got a loud round of applause after President Patil greeted him warmly and presented him a bouquet at the felicitation ceremony for the winning team and its officials on the Raj Bhavan lawns facing the Arabian Sea.
- Kirsten takes over as South Africa's coach - Jun 06, 2011
- Pollock backs Kirsten as SA coach - Jun 07, 2011
- South Africa can dominate world cricket: Kirsten - Mar 29, 2012
- Relaxed and cheerful, Team India wooed by one and all - Apr 03, 2011
- Kirsten concerned about 'highly skilled' Sreesanth - Apr 05, 2011
- Kirsten and his merry men did India proud (Lead) - Apr 03, 2011
- Dhoni should be felicitated with doctorate degree: Jharkhand Minister - Apr 03, 2011
- Kirsten may coach Mumbai Indians after World Cup - Jan 26, 2011
- Emotional Kirsten bids adieu to Indian cricket (Roundup) - Apr 05, 2011
- Gary Kirsten to be appointed South African coach - Jun 04, 2011
- Support staff got the best out of every player: Kirsten - Apr 08, 2011
- Kirsten's exit will a big loss for India: Akram - Jan 25, 2011
- South Africa must work on choking problem: Kirsten - Oct 07, 2011
- Kirsten has not applied for South Africa coach job, says Majola - Dec 24, 2010
- President, PM congratulate Team India on World Cup victory - Apr 03, 2011