Kipsang, Keitany win London marathonApril 22nd, 2012 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 22 (IANS) Kenyans Wilson Kipsang and Mary Keitany won the men’s and women’s races at the London Marathon Sunday.
Kipsang led for the final 11 kilometers with a time of 2:04:44. Keitany won for the second successive year in 2:18:37.
Kipsang’s performance saw him finish more than two minutes clear of fellow countryman Martin Lel, who finished second, and 2010 winner Tsegaye Kebede.
Keitany set a relentless pace to pull away from compatriot Edna Kiplagat in the final three miles and won by more than a minute, with Priscah Jeptoo coming in third, Xinhua reported.
Approximately 36,000 runners took part in the event.
- Kenya eyes seven golds at London Olympics - Jul 17, 2012
- World marathon record will soon fall: Kenyan runners - Feb 08, 2012
- Kenya's Kipsang to debut in Berlin Marathon - Sep 14, 2012
- Tsegay favourite to win Delhi Half Marathon - Sep 10, 2012
- Olympics: Gelana wins gold in women's marathon - Aug 05, 2012
- Kenyans sweep 10K Run - May 27, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Gelana splashes to gold in marathon (Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympics: Uganda celebrates first gold after 40 years - Aug 13, 2012
- Desisa, Kabuu crowned winners of Airtel Delhi Half Marathon - Nov 27, 2011
- NYC marathon 2010 winners' list is topped by Gebre Gebremariam - Nov 08, 2010
- Fauja Singh calls it a day-only for full marathons! - Apr 23, 2012
- Ethiopian Gebre Gebremariam, Edna Kiplagat From Kenya Win NYC Marathon 2010 - Nov 08, 2010
- Olympics: Ram Singh finishes 78th in men's marathon - Aug 12, 2012
- Kenyan ace hopes to set record at TCS World 10K Bangalore - May 24, 2012
- Bangalore's 10k race to see elite athletes - May 11, 2012