Kings XI Punjab rope in Videocon d2h, OCM as sponsors (Lead)April 4th, 2012 - 6:43 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, April 4 (IANS) Kings XI Punjab have roped in Videocon d2h and OCM as sponsors for the fifth season of the Indian Premier League (IPL), it was announced Wednesday.
Videocon d2h will be the title sponsor and its logo will adorn the Kings XI Punjab team jersey.
“We are pleased to have Videocon d2h as our official team partner. We are hopeful of this association as both the brands, KXIP and Videocon d2h have similar synergies as we both are young, promising and believe in keeping our fans entertained. We hope that this association will strengthen with each passing year,” said Arvinder Singh, chief operating officer of Kings XI.
Videocon group director Saurabh Dhoot said cricket is like a religion in India and IPL has helped it reach out to a larger target group because of its shorter format.
“Videocon d2h has been associated with IPL before and this time we have taken this opportunity to tie up with Kings XI Punjab as their title partner. Videocon d2h inspite of being the youngest DTH player, is today the fastest growing. We are sure this young and promising KXIP team will do wonders this year and win IPL 2012. This association will definitely help both brands reach out to the cricket lovers of the country,” he said.
OCM will display its logo on platforms that include the Kings XI Punjab official website and the team’s apparel. All 22 players will be sporting the OCM logo on their jerseys.
“We are happy to have a leading men’s suiting brand like OCM as our official suiting partner. We are confident this association with OCM will be rewarding,” said Arvinder Singh, chief operating officer of Kings XI Punjab.
S.K.Singhal, chief executive of OCM, said he was delighted to have an association with Kings XI Punjab.
“The association with King XI Punjab will help the company to relate with India’s masses in a big way. OCM has a strong retail presence across the country and has its manufacturing base in Amritsar, Punjab. We keenly look forward to zooming to greater heights building on the exciting fervor of IPL and wish all the participating young cricketers the very best for the game,” he said.
- Kings IX rope in Videocon d2h as title sponsor - Apr 04, 2012
- Fans garner signatures in support of Kings XI Punjab - Oct 20, 2010
- Videocon in talks for buying IPL franchisee - Apr 15, 2010
- Kings XI Punjab looking to increase fan base - Apr 10, 2011
- Emirates to sponsor Deccan Chargers for three seasons - Mar 28, 2012
- Preity Zinta argues with airport official - Apr 15, 2011
- 'Surprised, saddened' Kings XI seeks legal options on IPL ouster - Oct 11, 2010
- We don't need icons, we are equals; Gilchrist - Apr 09, 2011
- Tax notice to KXIP - Apr 19, 2011
- Gilchrist to lead Kings XI Punjab in IPL-4 - Jan 11, 2011
- Kings XI sign youngsters Gurkeerat, Awana for IPL - Mar 02, 2012
- Preity's performance woes - Apr 05, 2012
- Kings XI Punjab a balanced squad: Gilchrist - Apr 02, 2012
- We are co-operating with BCCI, other bodies: Kings XI - Apr 29, 2010
- Bevan excited with new look Kings XI Punjab - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: april 4, chief operating officer, cricket lovers, dth, fifth season, group director, inspite, jerseys, leading men, ocm, premier league, religion in india, retail presence, rope, saurabh, suiting, synergies, target group, team partner, title sponsor