Kings XI emulate Rajasthan Royals’ feat (Statistical highlights)May 6th, 2008 - 9:00 am ICT by admin
Bangalore, May 6 (IANS) Kings XI Punjab became the second team after Rajasthan Royals to post five victories in succession in the inaugural Indian Premier League (IPL) when they defeated Bangalore Royal Challengers by six wickets Monday night. The other statistical highlights of the match are as follows:
* Bangalore Royal Challengers’ 126 is their second lowest total in the IPL, next only to their 82 against Kolkata Knight Riders in the inaugural game at Bangalore on April 18.
* Rahul Dravid (66 off 51 balls) posted his career best score in Twenty20.
* Five ducks in Royal Challengers’ innings is a record in the IPL.
* Piyush Chawla became the first bowler to bag three wickets in an innings twice in the IPL. He had earlier figures of three for 28 against Deccan Chargers at Hyderabad on May 1.
* South African Jacques Kallis registered his first duck in Twenty20.
* Kallis’ batting average in Twenty20 is 22.84 - 297 runs in 14 innings, including two fifties.
* Kallis’ aggregate in seven IPL games is 118 (ave.16.85), including one fifty.
* Australian Cameron White registered his third duck in Twenty20.
* Sreesanth (2/16) produced his best figures in the IPL.
* With Virat Kohli’s wicket, Irfan Pathan became the first bowler to bag 12 wickets in the competition at 14.50 runs apiece.
* Zaheer Khan, with Shaun Marsh’s wicket, has equalled Irfan Pathan’s tally of 12 wickets in the competition.
* Shaun Marsh has batted consistently in the competition, making 163 runs at an average of 81.50 - 84 not out off 62 balls against Deccan Chargers; 40 off 32 balls against Kolkata Knight Riders and 39 off 34 balls against Bangalore Royal Challengers.
Tags: batting average, best score, cameron white, challengers, chargers, fifties, hyderabad, inaugural game, ipl, irfan pathan, jacques kallis, knight riders, kohli, marsh, piyush chawla, premier league, punjab, rahul dravid, wicket, wickets