Kerala open to setting up motor racetrackApril 26th, 2012 - 2:25 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, April 26 (IANS) The Kerala government can consider opening a motor racing track in the state if it helped pull in tourists, Tourism Minister A.P. Anil Kumar said ahead of his meeting with F1 driver Narain Karthikeyan here Thursday.
“We are meeting later in the day and if he suggests that a racetrack in our state will boost tourism activities, we will definitely look into it,” Kumar told IANS.
“We are always positive in our outlook. We have no issues in considering new proposals, which will take Kerala tourism to greater heights. For this, we have to think out of the box. We will neither say no nor yes straightaway. All aspects will be looked into. Only then will we comment,” he said.
The number of foreign tourists arriving in Kerala rose from 6.5 lakh in 2010 to 7.3 lakh in 2011.
During this period, the number of domestic tourists also grew from 85 lakh to 93 lakh. The state’s foreign exchange earnings also rose by 11.18 per cent to touch Rs 4,221 crore, while its earnings went up 9.4 percent to Rs 19,037 crore.
- F1 race track in Kerala will boost tourism: Narain Karthikeyan (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Kerala best tourist destination, shows survey - Feb 18, 2012
- Kerala records rise in tourist arrivals - Jan 19, 2012
- Kerala chosen best tourism destination second year running - Feb 18, 2012
- Brand Kerala shines at Spanish tourism fair - Jan 24, 2012
- British sub-centre in Kerala to boost tourism - Jan 19, 2012
- Foreign exchange earnings from tourism surge 50 percent - Feb 06, 2012
- Alappuzha to get Rs.400 crore central assistance - Sep 02, 2011
- Kerala Tourism to hold first-ever road show in Saudi Arabia - May 04, 2012
- Kerala in Catch-22 situation over bar timings - Aug 27, 2012
- Foreign tourist arrivals jump in November - Dec 06, 2010
- Chandy to unveil campaign on Bekal Fort May 10 - May 03, 2012
- Kovalam to get massive makeover - Sep 29, 2011
- Sachin, Waugh, Deepika to be Kerala Tourism ambassadors? - May 07, 2012
- Kerala to promote souvenirs in a big way - Sep 09, 2010