Kenny Britt arrested againJune 10th, 2011 - 7:48 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Hoboken, June 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) For the second time in three months, Tennessee Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt has been arrested. The footballer was arrested on Thursday for resisting arrest and tampering with evidence.
Reports say New Jersey narcotics officers ordered Britt to hand over a cigarette that he was smoking. The officers suspected the cigar to contain marijuana but Britt never handed the piece to them and instead smashed it. The incident caused the officers to arrest him but he reportedly fought back when the police tried to put handcuffs on his wrist.
The Newark Star-Ledger who reported sighting the police complaint reported the contents as saying the footballer “did purposely prevent or attempt to prevent a public servant from lawfully performing an official function by means of force or violence, specifically by refusing to open your hand when ordered to do so then pulling your hand away.”
Britt was arrested in April when he tried to flee from the police when he was stopped. His arrest on Thursday came just a day after the police brought charges in the previous incident against him.
The police have brought charges of resisting arrest, obstructing a government function and tampering with evidence against Britt.
- Gunman shoots two before killing himself in New Jersey (Second Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Air passenger posts bail after being arrested for wearing saggy pants - Jun 18, 2011
- Indian American student was not homophobic: Defence - Mar 01, 2012
- Cedric Benson suspended for 3-matches - Sep 23, 2011
- Kiss at Newark airport shuts down the airport for hours - Jan 09, 2010
- Estella Warren charged against four counts - Jun 10, 2011
- Brit pub singer arrested for singing racist 'Kung Fu Fighting' song to Chinese - Apr 27, 2011
- Estella Warren won't be charged for felony escape - May 30, 2011
- Titans Receiver Kenny Britt Scores His First Touchdown Against Texas - Nov 24, 2009
- Train crashes into platform in New Jersey - May 09, 2011
- Kenny Britt spectacular performance on field overshadows his bar fight - Oct 25, 2010
- At least 50 injured after train crashes into New Jersey platform - May 08, 2011
- Man arrested for singing 'Kung Fu Fighting' - Apr 29, 2011
- Hoboken man arrested after beating girlfriend with cat - Sep 17, 2010
- IPL player Luke Pomersbach gets bail (Lead) - May 19, 2012
Tags: cigar, cigarette, evidence reports, footballer, government function, handcuffs, hoboken, marijuana, narcotics, newark star ledger, police complaint, public servant, resisting arrest, second time, tampering with evidence, tennessee titans, three months, violence, wide receiver