Kawaski rope in Gadea as replacement for LascorzMay 4th, 2012 - 5:11 pm ICT by IANS
Monza (Italy), May 4 (IANS) Kawasaki Racing Team have roped in Spaniard Sergio Gadea as a replacement for injured rider Joan Lascorz for the weekend’s World Super Bike Championship race.
Lascorz is still recuperating from a surgery in a hospital in Spain.
Gadea, who will be partnering Tom Sykes, is a multiple 125cc Grand Prix winner and a podium finisher in that class as recently as 2011.
For Gadea racing a Superbike in this category (1000cc) will be a new experience. He has also never raced at Monza before.
“This is a great challenge for me and I am very happy about it. I want to thank Kawasaki for the confidence they have had in me this weekend. I have never seen Monza before - only on the Playstation - and I was up until 1:30 a.m. this morning playing it. I have also done many laps on the scooter just to be sure of the circuit layout for the first practice session,” said Gadea.
- World Super Bike: Rea hopes to make a podium finish in Monza - May 02, 2012
- Rookie motorbike rider Ramesh bags a double - Jun 03, 2012
- Sykes wins first round of Superbike in Moscow - Aug 26, 2012
- Hamilton glides to Monza victory - Sep 09, 2012
- Double for Sarath Kumar - Sep 09, 2012
- Buddh Circuit to host Superbike World Championship in 2013 - Jun 09, 2012
- At risk: Delhi bikers with need for speed (Feature) - Sep 27, 2011
- Melandri wins in Russia to take Superbike Championship (Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Rajini dominates superbikes class - Aug 12, 2012
- Di Resta earns four points for Force India - Sep 09, 2012
- Gulf Oil sweep top podium spots in MRF race - Feb 13, 2011
- Motorsports: Sharath scripts history for Mahindra Racing - Apr 30, 2012
- Mahindra's Moretti wins second race of Italian Championships - Apr 09, 2012
- Asian Road Racing Championship: Moto-Rev picks up 21 points - May 01, 2011
- Webber natches British Grand Prix win from Alonso - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: 1000cc, 125cc, circuit layout, confidence, grand prix, kawasaki racing team, laps, monza italy, new experience, playstation, podium, practice session, rope, scooter, sergio gadea, spain, superbike, tom sykes, world super bike