Karun seventh in GP2 feature raceMay 24th, 2009 - 11:06 pm ICT by IANS
Monte Carlo, May 24 (IANS) Karun Chandhok lost out on a possible victory in the GP2 sprint race here Sunday as his Ocean Technology Racing team car encountered a driveshaft problem when he leading.
Earlier, the Chennai-born Chandhok had finished seventh in the feature race that earned him a front row start for the reversed sprint race grid.
Chandhok had qualified 10th for the feature race that he did not start well, slipping to 15th place in the first lap. But he retrieved the situation with an early pit-stop to rejoin the race in the seventh place that he maintained to the finish.
With the grid for the sprint race reversed (1-8 positions), Chandhok started second and went into the lead at the first corner by passing Pastor Maldonado (ART) and opened up a four-second lead.
However, with just eight laps to go, Chandhok slowed and finally grounded to a halt as the right side driveshaft had snapped and lost all drive as he approached the start-finish straight.
Chandhok said: “You don’t get many chances to win at Monaco and this would have been perfect. It’ll take a couple days to get over it but we have to push forward with the conviction of this weekend’s race pace.”
- Chandhok finishes seventh at Silverstone - Aug 27, 2012
- Massa tops practice two of Indian GP, Sutil 7th - Oct 28, 2011
- Motorsport: Karun, team finish sixth at Le Mans - Jun 17, 2012
- Mechanical problem hampers Karun's GP2 race - Jun 07, 2009
- Vettel wins a near perfect race, Sutil finishes ninth (Roundup) - Oct 30, 2011
- Karun finishes seventh in GP2 race - Aug 30, 2009
- Maldonado wins maiden F1 race, Hulkenberg comes 10th - May 13, 2012
- Chandhok scores points in Valencia - Aug 23, 2009
- Podium for Karun Chandhok - Jun 21, 2009
- Vettel wins Belgian Grand Prix, Sutil seventh - Aug 28, 2011
- JRM finish 17th in Endurance race - Mar 18, 2012
- Karun Chandhok moves to touring cars - Jan 12, 2012
- Painful to watch race from sidelines: Karun Chandhok - Oct 25, 2011
- Webber natches British Grand Prix win from Alonso - Jul 08, 2012
- Button wins Australian GP, Force India's Di Resta gets a point - Mar 18, 2012