Karthikeyan launches blistering attack on Mallyas pedestrian Force India

December 27th, 2008 - 4:16 pm ICT by ANI  

London, Dec 27 (ANI): Indias top racing driver Narain Karthikeyan has launched a blistering attack on the Formula 1 team Force India co-owned by liquor baron, Vijay Mallya.

The former Jordan driver and Williams test driver was responding to claims from Force Indias co-owner Mallya that no Indian is good enough for F1, The Sun reported.

Mallya ruled out both Karthikeyan and the Indias most promising young driver, GP2 star Karun Chandhok.

But Karthikeyan currently driving for Team India in the A1GP series hit back by declaring he has no interest in the tail-ender team.

He said: I spent a frustrating time with Jordan, where I had a car that just could not perform. I have no desire to be with another pedestrian team that is low on performance and loud on talk.

I have never even approached Mallya. The vibes from the camp have been extremely negative and I want to make it clear that I am not interested in driving for Force India, Karthikeyan said.

Karthikeyan, who still harbours hopes of a Grand Prix comeback with another team, added that he is totally confident in his own ability to cut it at the top.

Except in F1, where machine matters more than man, I have won races in every championship I have participated in, he said.

Force India, which failed to score a point in its first season, confirmed earlier this month that Italian veteran Giancarlo Fisichella and German Adrian Sutil will again race for the team in 2009.

Asked for a response to Karthikeyans comments, Mallya just said: Everyone is welcome to their views. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Sports |