Karthikeyan launches blistering attack on Mallyas pedestrian Force IndiaDecember 27th, 2008 - 4:16 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 27 (ANI): Indias top racing driver Narain Karthikeyan has launched a blistering attack on the Formula 1 team Force India co-owned by liquor baron, Vijay Mallya.
The former Jordan driver and Williams test driver was responding to claims from Force Indias co-owner Mallya that no Indian is good enough for F1, The Sun reported.
Mallya ruled out both Karthikeyan and the Indias most promising young driver, GP2 star Karun Chandhok.
But Karthikeyan currently driving for Team India in the A1GP series hit back by declaring he has no interest in the tail-ender team.
He said: I spent a frustrating time with Jordan, where I had a car that just could not perform. I have no desire to be with another pedestrian team that is low on performance and loud on talk.
I have never even approached Mallya. The vibes from the camp have been extremely negative and I want to make it clear that I am not interested in driving for Force India, Karthikeyan said.
Karthikeyan, who still harbours hopes of a Grand Prix comeback with another team, added that he is totally confident in his own ability to cut it at the top.
Except in F1, where machine matters more than man, I have won races in every championship I have participated in, he said.
Force India, which failed to score a point in its first season, confirmed earlier this month that Italian veteran Giancarlo Fisichella and German Adrian Sutil will again race for the team in 2009.
Asked for a response to Karthikeyans comments, Mallya just said: Everyone is welcome to their views. (ANI)
- Chandhok eyeing test driver's spot in F1 - Jan 28, 2011
- An emotional and special moment: Mallya - Oct 28, 2011
- Force India not ready to take an Indian driver - Oct 13, 2011
- Chandhok, Gill shone in motorsports (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 26, 2010
- Bumpy ride for Karthikeyan and Chandhok - Oct 23, 2011
- Karthikeyan happy with US NASCAR series - Dec 05, 2010
- I1-Super Series: Dhoni and Yuvraj in race to own franchise - Nov 15, 2011
- i1Super Series drivers to be unveiled Monday - Dec 19, 2011
- Karthikeyan returns to Formula One - Jan 06, 2011
- FIA approves name changes for three F1 teams - Nov 07, 2011
- F1 driver Ricciardo enthralls fans in the capital - Oct 01, 2011
- Buddh circuit gets a thumbs-up but dust remains a concern - Oct 28, 2011
- Team Hispania have high hopes with Karthikeyan - Jan 12, 2011
- I'll try to be in F1 as long as I can: Chandhok (Interview) - Oct 27, 2011
- FI driver Chandhok in talks with Force India for 2011 season - Nov 11, 2010
Tags: a1gp series, adrian sutil, blistering attack, co owner, desire, f1, force india, formula 1, giancarlo fisichella, grand prix, jordan driver, karun, liquor baron, london, sun, test driver, veteran, vibes, vijay mallya