Kapil Dev urges Gavaskar to continue writingMarch 28th, 2008 - 2:08 pm ICT by admin
Kolkata, March 28 (IANS) Former India cricket captain Kapil Dev wants Sunil Gavaskar to continue with his TV commentary and column writing, without bowing to the pressure of the International Cricket Council (ICC). ICC has taken strong exception to Gavaskar’s stand, both on TV and in his columns, during Team India’s tour Down Under.
“I don’t know how Gavaskar is bound by the ICC contracts. But I, like millions of his admirers, want to see him continue to write and do commentary on television. His comments are valuable and give a new insight to the game. No one should be denied that,” Kapil said here Thursday night after the launch of “Royal Bengal Tigers”, a franchise of Indian Cricket League (ICL).
“Sunil, please keep on writing so that we can keep getting valuable tips from you,” said Kapil.
Asked to comment on the renewal of court cases between Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and Jagmohan Dalmiya, he said: “I don’t know much about the court cases, but I can say that Dalmiya has served Indian cricket well and for many years.”
On whether he (Dalmiya) could be on board the ICL ship, he said: “We have our hands outstretched. We are welcoming all. We will embrace everyone who wants to join us.”
- CAB trying to rope in Kapil as bowling consultant - Jul 28, 2012
- BCCI's agenda against Dalmiya behind Eden fiasco: Kapil - Feb 14, 2011
- No word of praise enough for Tendulkar: Dalmiya - Mar 16, 2012
- ICC refuses to grant India-England match to Eden (Lead) - Jan 30, 2011
- Vengsarkar, Shiny Wilson presented lifetime achievement awards - Apr 27, 2012
- Players' choice to play for country or club: Kapil Dev - May 29, 2011
- Dalmiya accuses ICC of World Cup double standards - Mar 02, 2011
- Eden will be ready by Feb 5, says Bengal minister - Jan 30, 2011
- ICC takes away India-England World Cup game from Eden Gardens (Roundup) - Jan 28, 2011
- Sunil Gavaskar not part of new IPL Governing Council - Sep 29, 2010
- Gavaskar inducted into ICC Cricket Hall of Fame - Feb 09, 2012
- Lorgat calls on cricketing world to challenge India - Jan 14, 2012
- BCCI grants amnesty to Kapil Dev - Jul 25, 2012
- Dalmiya meets Pranab on Eden fiasco - Jan 29, 2011
- Gavaskar clears stand on BCCI - Dec 14, 2011
Tags: admirers, contracts, court cases, cricket captain, cricket league, franchise, game, india bcci, india cricket, indian cricket, insight, international cricket council, kapil dev, launch, royal bengal tigers, television, thursday night, tv commentary