Kansas City Chiefs Pulls Off 21-14 Win Over San Diego ChargersSeptember 14th, 2010 - 7:43 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Kansas City, Sep 14, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The National Football League season has just begun and it has already gained momentum with each and every team trying to put its best foot forward. Even the pounding rain on Monday night could not stop the players of Kansas City Chiefs to come up with some great play against the San Diego Chargers. The former posted a 21-14 victory over the latter.
Since the game schedule was declared on April this year, the Kansan City Chiefs were looking forward to it as a confidence-building game that they needed to win by hook or crook. However, on Monday night it was their sheer performance that sparkled and brought victory to their side ending their three-year long drought of good performance. A brilliant touchdown by Jamaal Charles and a punt by Dexter McCluster sealed the victory in favor of Kansas City Chiefs against four-time defending AFC West champions.
However, the win was not a cake walk for the Kansas City Royals as San Diego Chargers as well came up with some great performances. San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers came up with some amazing play towards the beginning of the game and led the team to a 7-0 lead with a 3-yard touchdown pass to Antonio Gates. While wide-open Antonio Gates went for the touchdown with 1:52 left in the first quarter, Jamaal Charles chased the lead with a 56-yard touchdown run just 37 minutes before the end of the first quarter. The scoreboard read 7-7 after the end of the first quarter. It was rookie speedster Dexter McCluster’ 94-yard punt return that turned the game in favor of Kansas City Chiefs.
- Kansas City Chiefs' Wide Receiver Dexter McCluster Creates Club Record - Sep 14, 2010
- Quarterback Philip Rivers Proves His Mettle With Two Touchdowns And 298 Yards Throw - Sep 14, 2010
- NFL Scores Of Week 5 Is Led By Jacksonville Jaguars - Oct 11, 2010
- Philip Rivers' Stupendous Performance Steers San Diego Chargers To Victory - Nov 23, 2010
- Dwayne Bowe Fails To Live Expectations - Dec 06, 2010
- Nate Kaeding's Absence Leaves Chargers At A Loss - Oct 25, 2010
- Vincent Jackson Plays In The Position Of Decoy - Nov 16, 2009
- Eddie Royal Makes History For The Broncos - Oct 20, 2009
- Indianapolis Colts Loses To San Diego Chargers - Nov 29, 2010
- Humanitarian Bowl Ends In Favour Of Northern Illinois Huskies - Dec 19, 2010
- Joe Flacco Vs. Matt Cassel: The Showdown Eagerly Awaited - Jan 09, 2011
- Jacoby Ford Steers Raider To Victory - Nov 08, 2010
- Georgia State Panthers Was No Competition For Alabama Crimson Tides - Nov 19, 2010
- Tim Tebow's performance makes his team win - Nov 28, 2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers Wins Against Baltimore Ravens In AFC Playoff - Jan 16, 2011
Tags: afc west champions, antonio gates, best foot, cake walk, confidence building, dexter mccluster, game schedule, great performances, jamaal charles, kansan city, kansas city chiefs, kansas city royals, madhuri, national football league, philip rivers, san diego chargers, sheer performance, touchdown pass, yard punt return, yard touchdown