Kanpur blast: One arrested, three detainedOctober 15th, 2008 - 6:10 pm ICT by ANI
Kanpur, Oct.15 (ANI): Kanpur Police have arrested one person and detained three others in connection with a blast in the Colonelgunj area of the city.
Kamal Kumar Sahu, who runs a general store near the site of the blast that left seven people, including four children, injured Tuesday night, was arrested today.
According to Dayanand Mishra, Superintendent of Police (West), Sahu did not have the required license to sell the crackers and was arrested for illegally storing and selling them.
Mishra said that it was too early to say whether Sahu was related to the blast, but added that he was taken into police custody after a large number of crackers were recovered from his shop.
The low-intensity bomb was packed in a polythene packet on a cycle. Mishra said three others have been detained for interrogation. Police is trying to trace the owner of the cycle, he said. (ANI)
- Pune blasts: Police still to identify perpetrators, detain four (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- 5 killed in Uttar Pradesh cracker blasts - Apr 23, 2012
- IM operative arrested in Kolkata - Apr 12, 2012
- Huge cache of explosive seized in UP - Jun 09, 2012
- Day after blasts, Pune police still in dark - Aug 02, 2012
- Delhi blast: NIA wants to quiz terror suspects - May 08, 2012
- Six more killed in cracker shop blast in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 24, 2012
- Four held for Chhattisgarh blast - Nov 09, 2010
- Cracker powder used in Agra blast - Sep 18, 2011
- Fire in Amritsar cracker shop - Oct 23, 2011
- Kanpur blast solved with arrest of two: police - Oct 16, 2008
- Premature to call Pune blasts a terror attack, says Patil - Aug 02, 2012
- 'Psycho-killer' held for three murders - May 21, 2011
- Spurious medicines racket busted, three arrested (Lead) - Jul 16, 2011
- Three killed in fire cracker unit blast in Punjab - Apr 13, 2012