Kaneria not cleared, say ICC and PCBFebruary 20th, 2012 - 11:57 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Feb 20 (IANS) The International Cricket Council (ICC) and the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said Monday that leg-spinner Danish Kaneria was never cleared for his alleged involvement in match-fixing for Essex in English county cricket.
In a joint statement, the ICC, PCB and England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said categorically denied giving a clearance certificate as claimed by Kaneria.
The PCB stated that following the Mervyn Westfield judgment, Kaneria will again be called to appear before its integrity committee to explain his position.
The PCB also confirmed that Kaneria’s clearance is pending before the integrity committee where in the last meeting he was directed to provide copies of the tapes of his Essex police interview.
Kaneria has denied he has ever been involved in fixing matches.
But Essex bowler Westfield, who has been sentenced to four months in prison for corruption, has accused Kaneria of pressuring team-mates to fix matches.
“All these allegations are false. I have not only been cleared by the British police, but also by the ECB and the ICC,” Kaneria had said in a statement.
Kaneria has been suspended from international cricket in 2010 by the PCB after allegations of spot-fixing first surfaced.
But he has been playing domestic cricket and is the captain of the Sindh province.
Kaneria has also appealed to the Sindh High Court in Karachi against his PCB suspension but it was dismissed saying it was not within its jurisdiction.
- PCB to co-operate with ECB on Kaneria's role - Feb 18, 2012
- PCB rejects Kaneria's plea - May 18, 2011
- Danish Kaneria cleared of spot-fixing charges - Jun 05, 2012
- Kaneria frustrated over delay in court hearing - Sep 27, 2011
- ICC calls for worldwide life ban on Kaneria, Westfield - Jun 27, 2012
- ECB convicts Kaneria of spot-fixing - Jun 22, 2012
- Kaneria's participation in Pak's tour of England ICC's concern: ECB - Jun 06, 2010
- Kaneria wants justice from PCB - May 04, 2011
- Kaneria challenges ECB's county ban - Jun 05, 2010
- Essex police clears Kaneria of betting charges - Sep 08, 2010
- Kaneria named in Westfield cricket scam - Feb 17, 2012
- Kaneria, Westfield likely to be suspended from Essex during match-fixing probe - Jun 02, 2010
- Kaneria may take legal action against PCB for not clearing him of spot-fixing suspicions - Jan 09, 2011
- Kaneria cleared by ECB to play for Essex - Aug 14, 2010
- PCB approaches ICC ahead of selecting preliminary World Cup squad - Jan 02, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,