Kamran, Razzaq, Younus omitted from Pak squad for West Indies tourApril 6th, 2011 - 4:41 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, April 6(ANI): Pakistani selectors have omitted underperforming wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal along with all-rounder Abdul Razzaq from both One-day International (ODI) and Twenty20 squads for the West Indies tour, while former Test captain Younus Khan and pace bowler Umar Gul have been rested.
Kamran’s repeated follies behind the stumps- including some vital dropped catches- have cost Pakistan a lot. Not only his keeping against India in the semi-final was untidy, he scored just 19 runs opening the Pakistan innings.
“We have given Kamran Akmal a break because his wicketkeeping was not up to the mark during the World Cup,” The News quoted chief selector Mohsin Khan, as saying.
Mohammad Salman, 29, has replaced Kamran as wicketkeeper in both Twenty20 and one-day matches during the West Indies tour.
Pakistan will play a Twenty20 international, five one-day games and two Tests during the month-long tour, starting from April 18.
Misbah-ul-Haq will lead Pakistan in the Test matches, for which a squad will be announced later. Afridi will not be part of the Test team after retiring from the longer version of the game last year.
T20 and one-day squad: Shahid Afridi (captain), Mohammad Hafeez, Ahmed Shahzad, Taufiq Umar, Usman Salahuddin, Misbah-ul-Haq, Asad Shafiq, Umar Akmal, Abdur Rehman, Saeed Ajmal, Tanvir Ahmed, Wahab Riaz, Junaid Khan, Hammad Azam, Aizaz Cheema, Mohammad Salman. (ANI)
- Pakistan drop Riaz over spot-fixing links - Nov 21, 2011
- Pakistan drop Razzaq, Kamran from ODIs, T20 side - Apr 06, 2011
- Pakistan recall Kamran Akmal, Razzaq for World T20 - Jul 12, 2012
- Pakistan pick new faces for Zimbabwe tour - Jul 28, 2011
- Akmal rejoicing return to Pakistan team - Jan 05, 2011
- Malik axed from Pakistan's Asia Cup side; Jamshed, Sarfraz recalled - Mar 03, 2012
- Pakistan selectors retain Shoaib Malik for Sri Lanka series - Oct 03, 2011
- Pakistan announce World Cup squad without a captain - Jan 18, 2011
- Asia Cup: Pakistan elect to bat against India - Mar 18, 2012
- Asia Cup: Bangladesh opt to field against Pakistan - Mar 22, 2012
- Pakistan elect to bat against Sri Lanka - Feb 26, 2011
- West Indies to bat against Pakistan - Mar 23, 2011
- 'Recuperating' Tanvir dropped from Pak squad for South Africa Test series - Nov 05, 2010
- Afridi, Akmal not in new PCB contracts - Aug 08, 2011
- Pakistan announce Twenty20 squad, captain to be named later - Mar 12, 2010
Tags: abdul razzaq, abdur rehman, ajmal, akmal, cheema, haq, junaid, khan hammad, mohammad hafeez, mohsin khan, pakistan innings, riaz, salahuddin, shafiq, shahzad, tanvir ahmed, taufiq, umar gul, umar usman, wahab