Kallis is South African Cricketer of the YearJune 8th, 2011 - 6:16 pm ICT by IANS
Johannesburg, June 8 (IANS) All-rounder Jacques Kallis has been named South African Cricketer of the Year.
Kallis scored 821 runs in five Tests at an average of 136.83, including his first double-century. He, however, averaged 38.90 in 11 matches in ODIs without a hundred, and took 10 wickets at an average of 24.50. He previously won the Cricketer of the Year award in 2004.
Kallis also got the Test Cricketer of the Year title for his performance, and his two hundreds in third Test against India in Cape Town in January won him the KFC ‘So Good’ award, Cricinfo reported.
Hashim Amla won the players’ player and fans’ player titles.
The awards were to acknowledge the achievements of cricketers over the 2010-11 season in which South Africa played an ODI series against Zimbabwe, a home series against India and the World Cup, where they were knocked out in the quarter-finals.
Pakistan-born legspinner Imran Tahir, who became eligible to play for South Africa in January and made his debut against West Indies in South Africa’s opening World Cup match, was named International Newcomer of the Year.
South Africa’s new ODI and Twenty20 captain, AB de Villiers, was named ODI Player of the Year. De Villiers averaged 56.68 in ODIs over the last season and was given the additional responsibility of keeping wickets.
Lonwabo Tsotsobe was named Pro20 Player of the Year for his six wickets for 68 runs in three matches.
- Tendulkar wins ICC Player of the Year award - Oct 06, 2010
- Chanderpaul back as No.1 Test batsman - Apr 29, 2012
- Broad breaks into top three of ICC Test rankings - May 22, 2012
- It's fantastic to win Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy, says Tendulkar - Oct 06, 2010
- Dhoni bags Spirit of Cricket award, Trott is Cricketer of the Year - Sep 13, 2011
- South Africa name unchanged Test squad for England series - Jun 13, 2012
- De Villiers, Kallis pile agony on India in Centurion Test (Lunch report) - Dec 18, 2010
- Dravid rises in ICC rankings, Tendulkar drops to 4th - Jul 26, 2011
- India, South Africa will have plenty to prove (Preview) - Mar 11, 2011
- De Villiers to undergo surgery, out for four to six weeks - Sep 30, 2011
- Proteas' run chase against India their highest in World Cup - Mar 13, 2011
- Tendulkar rises to fourth in Test rankings, Siddle in top 10 - Dec 30, 2011
- Zaheer nominated in three categories for ICC award - Aug 10, 2011
- Career highlights of Rahul Dravid - Mar 09, 2012
- Munaf achieves career-best figures at Wanderers (Match highlights) - Jan 16, 2011
Tags: ab de villiers, amla, cape town, cricketers, double century, imran, jacques kallis, johannesburg, kfc, newcomer, odi series, odis, quarter finals, rounder, tahir, test cricketer, third test, twenty20, west indies, wickets