Jwala-Diju enter mixed doubles quarters at SingaporeJune 21st, 2012 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
Singapore, June 21 (IANS) India’s Jwala Gutta and V. Diju entered the mixed doubles quarterfinals at the Singapore Open Super Series badminton event defeating Malaysian duo of Aik Quan Tan and Pei Jing Lai here Thursday.
The sixth seeds won 21-15, 21-15 in the second round and next meet second seeds Hung Ling Chen and Wen Hsing Cheng from Chinese Taipei.
Gutta, turing up later in the day with Ashwini Ponnappa, suffered a 15-21, 20-22 loss to Indonesia’s Meiliana Jauhari and Greysia Polii in the women’s doubles.
In the men’s singles, Ajay Jayaram lost 15-21, 14-21 to Tien Minh Nguyen of Vietnam in the second round.
- Jayaram stuns World No.7 at Japan Open - Sep 21, 2011
- India's badminton coach Gopichand accuses Japan of 'wanting to lose' - Aug 01, 2012
- Olympics: BWF rejects India's appeal, Jwala-Ashwini out (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- China Open: Saina, Jayaram, Kashyap lose in first round - Nov 23, 2011
- Olympics: Saina, Kashyap surge ahead; Leander-Vishnu go down fighting (Overall Roundup) - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympics: Eight badminton players thrown out (Third Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Olympics: Kashyap, Saina bring joy (Intro Roundup) - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympics: Kashyap first Indian male shuttler in quarterfinals (India Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Asian badminton: Ajay Jayaram goes down fighting - Apr 18, 2012
- Saina enters quarters of Japan Open - Sep 23, 2011
- Asian Games: Indian men, women lose in badminton team event - Nov 13, 2010
- Gutta, Ponnappa in quarterfinals of China Open - Nov 24, 2011
- Saina in third round of World Badminton - Aug 10, 2011
- Olympic badminton: Win not enough to take Jwala-Ashwini to quarters - Aug 01, 2012
- Saina in quarterfinals of Indonesia Open - Jun 23, 2011