Justine Henin And Rafael Nadal To Shine In French Open 2010May 23rd, 2010 - 7:58 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Roland Garros, France, May 23, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The French Open is fast drawing to an end this year and analysts are already putting their bets on 2010’s possible winners. The latest from the Parisian clay court says that it is Justine Henin and Rafael Nadal who are the favored contestants in the French Open 2010. This in spite of the fact that the Williams sisters are seeded first and second in the French Open. Serena Williams has not won the French Open since her win in the year 2002. Her sister has not entered the final round ever in the entire history of the tournament. On the other hand Justine Henin has always played well in the clay courts of Roland Garros.
Among the men, Rafael Nadal is the most favourite pick of the analysts keeping in mind his superb form for the past couple of months. Though Roger Federer may provide the much-needed competition, clay courts are not really his domain. Andy Murray, who was being considered a good contestant before the start of game, has however disappointed his fans. While the player himself said that clay courts were his favourite place to play the game, Andy Murray’ loss to Richard Gasquet in the French Open 2010 is not being seen in a good light. Boris Becker also went on to comment that he is definitely a clay court player.
With the tournament still on in Roland Garros, there are doubts on the fact whether next year will bring the players to the place or not. The organizers of the French Open earlier issued a notice saying that they were planning to shift venues as the present location was too small for the event.
- Murray out of Madrid Open with injury - May 05, 2012
- List of French Open winners in last 10 years - Jun 11, 2012
- Djokovic confident of winning maiden French Open crown - May 26, 2012
- Federer fires through to set up Paris rematch; Murray out - May 31, 2010
- Nadal wins sixth Rome Masters title - May 21, 2012
- Nadal moves forward while Henin eliminated in Paris - Jun 01, 2010
- Nadal wins record seventh French Open (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Nadal one win away from French Open title record - Jun 09, 2012
- Hewitt earns right to meet Nadal in French Open - May 29, 2010
- French Open: Top seeds advance to third round - May 31, 2012
- US Open: Somdev takes on Murray, Sania plays Peer - Aug 26, 2011
- Nadal beats Federer, wins sixth French Open crown (Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Djokovic: Taking on Nadal in French Open final is ultimate challenge - Jun 09, 2012
- Agassi favours Nadal for French Open title - Jun 05, 2011
- Federer through to set up re-match with Soderling - May 31, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,