Junior squash: Unbeaten India top groupJuly 15th, 2012 - 7:35 pm ICT by IANS
Doha, July 15 (IANS) India topped Group D with an all-win record as they beat both Australia and hosts Qatar 3-0 in the World junior squash team championship here.
India, who had beaten Germany also 3-0, thus qualified for the next round of the championship without dropping a game.
“I am pleased with the performance. Now Monday, most likely we will have to play Hong Kong to enter the semi final stage which we missed out in Ecuador 2010.
“Hong Kong are seeded fifth in the event and have a very solid base. We will have to play well to defeat them,” said coach Cyrus Poncha, after the victory Saturday.
India beat Australia 3-0: Kush Kumar bt Tom Calvert 11-3 11-7 11-6 (18mins); Mahesh Mangonkar bt Rhys Dowling 11-5 11-4 11-6 (30m); Vrishab Koitan bt TJ Rarere 11-4 11-8 11-5 (21m).
India beat Qatar 3-0: Kush Kumar bt Abdulwahab Al-Ishaq 11-3 11-5 11-3 (17m); Mahesh Mangonkar bt Abdulla Mohd Al Tamimi 11-7 11-3 11-9 (35m); Abhishek Pradhan bt Sadam Mehawesh 11-2 11-2 11-2 (12m).
- India beats Germany at World Junior squash - Jul 14, 2012
- Hei survives a scare in Indian Open junior squash - Aug 30, 2012
- Winning start by Indian teams at Asian Squash - May 02, 2012
- Mahesh, Anaka in finals of Indian Open squash - Sep 09, 2011
- India storm into semis of World Junior squash - Jul 17, 2012
- Ashita puts out second seed Akanksha in Indian Open squash - Sep 08, 2011
- Dixit, Anaka lead way into national squash semis - Oct 27, 2010
- Asian squash: Indian men in last eight - May 03, 2012
- Kush upsets Alsaraj for junior squash title - Sep 10, 2011
- National Squash championship: Malik ousts Jangra - Dec 08, 2011
- World Junior Squash: Anaka, Mahesh in last eight - Jul 10, 2012
- Tamil Nadu pick up two titles in junior national squash - Nov 02, 2010
- Shah, Malhotra score upset wins in junior squash - Oct 28, 2010
- Dipika, Joshna in last 8 - Apr 21, 2011
- India suffer second defeat in Squash World Cup - Mar 09, 2011