Junior Davis Cup: India beat Sri Lanka 3-0April 20th, 2011 - 9:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 20 (IANS) India registered their first victory in the junior Davis Cup with a 3-0 win over Sri Lanka in the Asia-Oceania Junior Davis Cup at the Delhi Lawn Tennis Association (DLTA) complex here Wednesday.
Fatehdeep Singh put the hosts ahead in the first singles after rallying to pull off
a 2-6, 6-3, 6-4 victory over Sharmal Dissanayake in two hours.
India’s No.1 Shaik Abdullah then consolidated on the lead beating Nadarjah Nishangan 6-3, 6-2.
In the doubles, Abdullah then combined with Garvit Batra to defeat Nishangan and Dissanayake 7-5, 6-3.
After losses to Chinese Taipei and China, India are already out of the knockout round. They needed to beat Sri Lanka to stay in the Asia-Oceania group.
The hosts play Indonesia Thursday.
- India beat New Zealand in junior Davis Cup - Apr 22, 2011
- Junior Davis Cup: India open against Chinese Taipei - Apr 17, 2011
- India lose to China in Jr Davis cup - Apr 19, 2011
- India go down to Chinese Taipei in Junior Davis Cup - Apr 18, 2011
- Junior Fed Cup: Indian girls go down 1-2 to Thailand - Apr 27, 2011
- India go down to Indonesia 1-2 in junior Davis Cup - Apr 21, 2011
- Switzerland defeats Australia 3-2 in Davis Cup play-off - Sep 19, 2011
- Mayur, Agarwal in boys final of national junior tennis - Sep 02, 2011
- India relegated to Group II after Davis Cup loss (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Seeds take a beating in ITF junior tennis - Sep 06, 2011
- Top seeds knocked out in national junior clay court tennis - Sep 01, 2011
- Indian team leaves for World junior tennis finals - Jul 29, 2011
- Davis Cup: Yuki gives India 1-0 lead - Sep 14, 2012
- India to play Japan in Davis Cup World Group play-off - Jul 13, 2011
- Davis Cup: Uzbekistan take 3-0 lead against India - Apr 07, 2012