Junichi Tazawa: A Plus On Red Sox?August 8th, 2009 - 8:53 pm ICT by GD
Junichi Tazawa the rookie pitcher from Yokohoma played against the New York Yankees in the Yankee Stadium. On 4th December 2008 the player signed up with the Red Sox for a $3 million deal over a three year course. He comes in the line of Japanese players like Mac Suzuki and Kazuhito Tadano, and if he did play for The Major League he will be the third to do so without having played on a professional level in his country.
He is a Red-Sox righthander who gave a performance in the 14th innings of the game on arriving in North American soil for this season.
He has the credit of having been the MVP of the corporate league Intercity Championship in 2008.
Talking about the game Terry Francona the Red-Sox manager said, “We knew where we were,we’ve had our innings lined up. Obviously he’s (Tazawa)the last…..But he’s got length.He’s a starter. He had plenty left” (referring to the player as the last of their relief corps. When Takashi Saito threw a lot of pitches in the 13th inning, Tazawa knew what was coming in the field and was confident that he would take the stride from then on. Tazawa has spent the season with Portland Sea Dogs and PawSox. In 18 starts with the Sea Dogs,he was 9-5 with a 2-5-7 ERA. Today he was under inspection for off-speed pitching with sharp and late break.
Tazawa makes on an average 88-92 mph on the field and relies on his patent low-80s backdoor slider and nice low-70s curve (hitch-out), and average fork ball.
Yankees made it clear that the Red-Sox was lagging behind with pitching help.
- Daniel Nava Goes For A Grand Slam - Jun 13, 2010
- Darnell McDonald The New Boston Red Sox Hero - Apr 21, 2010
- Dustin Moseley Takes To Field A Day Earlier - Aug 09, 2010
- Pawtucket Red Sox owner Ben Mondor dead at 85 - Oct 04, 2010
- Marcus Thames Snatches Win For Yankees - May 18, 2010
- Youkilis vs Porcello: The Clash Between The Players - Aug 12, 2009
- Neil Diamond Performs "Sweet Caroline" At The Fenway Park - Apr 05, 2010
- Pedro Martinez Throws The Ceremonial Pitch For The Boston Red Sox - Apr 05, 2010
- Former Yankees baseball player desperate to block wife-swap film - Feb 24, 2011
- Legendary Manager Ralph Houk Dies At 90 - Jul 22, 2010
- Bobby Jenks Agrees To $2Million Deal With Boston Red Sox? - Dec 17, 2010
- Japan becomes the World Baseball Classic Champions, yet again. - Mar 24, 2009
- Derek Jeter Fakes Being Hit By Pitch In Video - Sep 17, 2010
- Dustin Pedroia Scores For Red Sox - Apr 05, 2010
- Curtis Granderson Traded Over To The Yankees - Dec 09, 2009
Tags: 80s, american soil, japanese players, kazuhito tadano, mac suzuki, major league, mvp, new york yankees, pawsox, pitches, pitching help, portland sea dogs, professional level, Red Sox, rookie pitcher, slider, takashi saito, terry francona, yankee stadium, yokohoma