Julius Erving ordered to pay over $230,000 for an unpaid loanJune 4th, 2012 - 8:30 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, June 4 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The NBA legend Julius Erving has been ordered to pay more than $230,000 for an unpaid 2009 loan.
Georgia Primary Bank, the institution that lent the amount to Irving and his organisation, The Erving Group Inc. of Atlanta. The bank has filed a lawsuit filed in the Fulton Superior Court on 18 October of last year, claiming Erving defaulted on a 2009 loan for $1,000,000.
The bank filed the legal complaint after $210,705.71 of total loan amount was not repaid by Erving. A Georgia court has ordered the former basketball player to pay over $230,000 to Georgia Primary Bank. Erving will have to pay the unpaid amount, $210,705.71, plus an interest of $19,581.15. The amount to be reimbursed by the former NBA star adds up to a total of $230,286.86.
During his sporting career, Julius Winfield Erving II (born February 22, 1950) won three championships and three scoring titles. He was awarded four Most Valuable Player titles and played for teams like the Virginia Squires, the New York Nets, and the Philadelphia 76ers. He is also the father of the professional tennis player Alexandra Stevenson.
- NBA 2K12 to be available on PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii & PC - Oct 05, 2011
- Bank defrauds widow, fined - May 02, 2011
- Left government had debt of Rs.230,000 crore: Mamata - Oct 12, 2011
- Nightclubs leaking info on Kim Kardashian reality show to get $1mn fine! - Mar 28, 2011
- Court directs PNB to return Rs.1,000 crore securities to DLF - May 29, 2011
- Ex NBA, sensation and Chicago Bulls star Jason Caffey to be arrested - Jan 29, 2009
- Johnson lucky to get a Cricket Australia central contract - Jun 22, 2012
- Corinthians hid true salary of Adriano from fans - Mar 31, 2012
- PNB targets Rs 10,00,000 crore business by 2013 - Jan 09, 2011
- Fake banker held in capital - Jan 07, 2011
- Charlie Sheen plans Haiti charity trip - Mar 05, 2011
- Hundreds evacuated in Chile forest fire - Jan 03, 2012
- Palin yet to begin 2012 presidential run - Jan 27, 2011
- 'Baywatch' Star David Charvet sues his agent - Jan 06, 2011
- Reducing Afghan forces can lead to catastrophe: Minister - Feb 19, 2012
Tags: 18 october, alexandra stevenson, basketball player, february 22, former nba, georgia court, julius erving, legal complaint, lent, nba legend, nba star, new york nets, philadelphia 76ers, professional tennis player, superior court, virginia squires, winfield