Juhi Chawla stunned as Shah Rukh turns up on timeFebruary 14th, 2012 - 4:45 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai Feb, 14 (IANS) Shah Rukh Khan, known for coming late at events, surprised the media and his close friend Juhi Chawla by turning up at a function on time.
“I was so sure that it was Shah Rukh so the event is not going to start on time. So I took it easy. I was still at home and I was just about to leave and I get a call that Shah Rukh is here today at 4.30 p.m.,” said Juhi at the Indian Premier League team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) event.
Pat came the witty reply from Shah Rukh: “New dawn, new knights, new Khan.”
KKR Monday announced the launch of a new marketing campaign - “New Dawn New Knights” and also unveiled the new logo of the team. Earlier logo was in black and golden, while the new one is in purple.
KKR owner Shah Rukh, Juhi Chawla and Jay Mehta unveiled the new look along with Venky Mysore, CEO of KKR.
Commenting upon the changes, Shah Rukh said: “The golden colour is because I like gold and the black has been changed because I was told that it was not lucky. And last year since we couldn’t make it to the best four, I can’t even argue with it.”
Shah Rukh said that Juhi wanted the kit in pink colour.
“Juhi’s suggestion was to make our clothes into pink and that suggestion may follow if you don’t win the finals this year and you can imagine Yusuf Pathan in pink dress,” the 46-year-old joked.
The fifth edition of IPL will start April 4.
- KKR announce launch of new marketing campaign - Feb 14, 2012
- KKR goes all out to engage fans - Apr 03, 2012
- Wrong to call me 'badshah of cricket', says SRK - May 30, 2012
- We have done it, says Shah Rukh on arrival in Kolkata (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Shah Rukh, Mamata steal show in KKR's Eden party - May 29, 2012
- KKR wins IPL title, B-town cheers SRK - May 28, 2012
- Fans welcome KKR players to Kolkata - May 29, 2012
- I can also fail, ashamed of Wankhede scuffle: SRK (Roundup) - May 30, 2012
- KKR fans seek divine intervention to turn team's fortune - Apr 09, 2011
- Poonam Pandey bares all for KKR - May 28, 2012
- Frenzied Kolkata fans fete Knight Riders, Shah Rukh (Roundup) - May 29, 2012
- SRK, Juhi now in TV commercial (With Images) - Apr 24, 2012
- Sourav, Shah Rukh display camaraderie at Eden - May 06, 2012
- SRK mum on Poonam Pandey's dare-bare act - May 30, 2012
- Shah Rukh denies tiff with Juhi - Feb 14, 2012
Tags: april 4, ceo, clothes, feb 14, golden colour, jay mehta, juhi chawla, kkr, knight riders, knights, launch, marketing campaign, mysore, new dawn, new marketing, pathan, pink dress, premier league, reply, shah rukh khan