JRM team, Karun hoping for good result at Le MansAugust 23rd, 2012 - 5:46 pm ICT by IANS
Silverstone, Aug 23 (IANS) The JRM Racing team, comprising Karun Chandhok, David Brabham and Peter Dumbreck, is hoping to improve on its sixth place finish at the Le Mans 24-hour Race when the trio hit the track here for the fourth round of the FIA World Endurance Championship here this weekend.
Ten weeks ago, the team finished sixth overall and second in the privateers’ classification at Le Mans as JRM Racing moved up to second place in the LMP1 standings, 24 points behind current leaders, Rebellion Racing.
Compared to the 24-hour Race in Le Mans, this weekend’s run in Silverstone will be over six hours and it will be a home race for JRM Racing.
Chandhok, who became the first Indian to start and finish Le Mans this year, said: “We had a good test in Aragon last week, made some progress that we can put into practice at Silverstone.”
“It’s our home race since the team and all three drivers are based very close to the track. So, we want to do well and I think we have a good chance of succeeding.”
“We know that Audi and Toyota are in front, but the competition around us is hard, so our goal is to be the best of the privateers. It’s not easy, but the progress we have made since Le Mans gives us a lot of encouragement.”
The weekend schedule includes three rounds of free practice sessions, two of them on Friday followed by qualifying run Saturday and the six-hour race Sunday.
- Chandhok set for Le Mans debut - Jun 14, 2012
- Motorsports: Karun and team in top 10 - Aug 25, 2012
- Karun's team 11th quickest at Le Mans - Jun 14, 2012
- Motorsport: Karun, team finish sixth at Le Mans - Jun 17, 2012
- Karun's team to start fifth in World Endurance Racing - Mar 17, 2012
- Karun Chandhok moves to touring cars - Jan 12, 2012
- Karun and team to start 11th at Le Mans - Jun 15, 2012
- JRM finish 17th in Endurance race - Mar 18, 2012
- Chandhok finishes seventh at Silverstone - Aug 27, 2012
- Motorsports: Karun, team fourth in Sao Paulo practice - Sep 14, 2012
- World Endurance: Karun and team qualify eighth (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Chandhok eighth fastest in World Endurance qualifier - May 05, 2012
- Chandhok qualifies seventh for Six Hours of Silverstone - Aug 26, 2012
- Painful to watch race from sidelines: Karun Chandhok - Oct 25, 2011
- Karun to race in German Grand Prix as Trulli steps aside - Jul 21, 2011
Tags: david brabham, encouragement, fia world, free practice sessions, good chance, jrm racing, le mans 24 hour, le mans 24 hour race, peter dumbreck, rebellion, silverstone, six hours, toyota, world endurance championship