JRM finish 17th in Endurance raceMarch 18th, 2012 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
Sebring (Florida), March 18 (IANS) The JRM Racing team, represented by India’s Karun Chandhok and Britain’s David Brabham and Peter Dumbreck, missed out on a possible podium finish due to a mechanical problem that cost them valuable time and finished 17th overall in the first round of the FIA World Endurance Championship, here Sunday.
JRM Racing climbed from the back of the grid to an impressive third overall with less than three of the 12-hour race left when its brand new Honda Performance Development ARX-03a developed a problem with the right-rear suspension. It cost the team 15 laps and 30 minutes.
Once back on the track, a great recovery resulted in a final placing of 17th overall and seventh in the LMP1 category.
Chandhok said: “We had a podium finish on the cards, if not overall. So, it was a great shame not to have made it into the top three. The car felt good for my final stint and to try to make up for lost time I pushed as hard as I could.
“It’s a long time since I’ve driven two hours of qualifying laps! I have to say I really enjoyed my first taste of sportscar racing and I’m already looking forward to the next time.”
- Karun's team to start fifth in World Endurance Racing - Mar 17, 2012
- Motorsport: Karun, team finish sixth at Le Mans - Jun 17, 2012
- Karun Chandhok moves to touring cars - Jan 12, 2012
- World Endurance: Karun and team qualify eighth (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Chandhok set for Le Mans debut - Jun 14, 2012
- Karun's team 11th quickest at Le Mans - Jun 14, 2012
- Karun and team to start 11th at Le Mans - Jun 15, 2012
- Motorsports: Karun, team fourth in Sao Paulo practice - Sep 14, 2012
- JRM team, Karun hoping for good result at Le Mans - Aug 23, 2012
- Motorsports: Karun and team in top 10 - Aug 25, 2012
- Chandhok finishes seventh at Silverstone - Aug 27, 2012
- Chandhok eighth fastest in World Endurance qualifier - May 05, 2012
- Chandhok qualifies seventh for Six Hours of Silverstone - Aug 26, 2012
- A stray dogs inaugural Indian GP practice run - Oct 28, 2011
- Force India's Sutil and Di Resta 8th and 12th at the German GP qualifying (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
Tags: 30 minutes, david brabham, endurance race, fia world, first taste, florida march, honda performance, jrm racing, karun, laps, mechanical problem, performance development, peter dumbreck, podium, rear suspension, s david, sebring, shame, stint, world endurance championship