Joshi wins strokeplay in All India Amateur golfFebruary 2nd, 2011 - 9:50 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Feb 2 (IANS) Overnight leader Khalin Joshi won the 36-hole strokeplay section of the All India Amateur Golf Championships here Wednesday.Joshi,18, added a 73 despite a last hole bogey. Abhijit Chadha birdied the 16th and 17th but still fell one short and totaled 142 against Joshi’s 141. C.G.Somiah (69-73) totaled 142.
The top 32 players qualified for the Matchplay, which begins Thursday.
Abhinav Lohan carded a 72 to his first round 75 to finish at 147 in fourth place.
Defending champion S.Chikkrangappa shot 76 for a total of 150 and ended in a tie for sixth, that included Honey Baisoya.
In the International Match India “A” represented by Asian Games stars Chadha and Lohan won the title with 289.
In the first round of matchplay, Khalin will meet Saqib and Lohan will take on Bhanu Pratap. Chadha meets Prince Katojia.
- Saini wins strokeplay, meets Semwal in Eastern India Match-play - Dec 20, 2011
- Baisoya joins Chikka, Angad, Khalin at Eastern India Matchplay semis - Dec 23, 2011
- Chikka meets Baisoya in Eastern India Matchplay golf final - Dec 24, 2011
- Baisoya, Bhandari top strokeplay in All India Amateur golf - Jan 18, 2012
- Khalin beats Chikka to win Samarvir Sahi golf - Mar 02, 2012
- Syed Saqib wins North India golf title - Mar 16, 2012
- Bangalore's Joshi takes lead in All India Amateur golf - Feb 01, 2011
- Udayan Mane wins Maharashtra Open, Semwal, Khalin second - Oct 28, 2011
- Ashbeer, Honey progress in Eastern India Matchplay golf - Dec 21, 2011
- Delhi's Semwal leads in Inter-state golf - Jun 14, 2011
- Chadha moves to top, Chikka lying second at Inter State Golf - Jun 16, 2011
- Delhi's Semwal extends lead at Inter-state Golf - Jun 16, 2011
- Chikka takes two-shot lead in North India golf - Mar 15, 2012
- Chikka, Honey on course, English players out in All-India Amateur - Jan 19, 2012
- Trishul, Chikka best Indians at Asian Amateur golf - Sep 30, 2011