Jonathan Jay White’s Story A Hoax?July 21st, 2009 - 9:10 pm ICT by GD
Lance Armstrong, the cancer surviving cyclist who is steadily performing at this years Tour de France is probably facing one of the worst case of forgery in his life. The cyclist believes that he has been hoaxed by some one called Jonathan White, who had supposedly posed as a teenager suffering from an illness.
The world renowned cyclist said today that he received “a seriously disturbing news” suggesting Jonathan Jay White did not exist. According to the sources, the champion cyclist Armstrong used to believe that Jonathan was a 15 year old kid suffering from the hazardous brain cancer. As Lance himself has encountered cancer, he certainly knows how painful it is to be diagnosed with the fatal disease.
It is understood that many people have already donated money to the teenager’s “family” and a complaint has already been launched with U.S. authorities. According to the inside sources, Lance Armstrong, the founder of “Livestrong, The Lance Armstrong Foundation”, enjoyed chatting online with Jonathan. The boy’s well crafted posts and devotion to Livestrong’s optimistic message earned him quite a huge amount of fan base and supporters online, who donated money for the supposed teenager. Jonathan was said to be supposedly suffering from brain cancer.
In his online biography Jonathan has been quoted saying,”I am not an ordinary so don’t expect me to be. I have my own style and my own way of doing things. I consider myself as a good friend and can do anything I can for those whom I care about.” But it was only until yesterday that Livestrong Campaigner Gene Armstrong posted a blog stating the child’s story was a “well planned scam”. This news disturbed Lance, who felt cheated, and that too with a sensitive issue of brain cancer.
- Lance Armstrong retires from professional cycling - Feb 17, 2011
- Cycling champ Armstrong dedicates Tour de Suisse efforts to actor Hopper - Jun 15, 2010
- Lance Armstrong still remains my hero, says Yuvraj - Aug 29, 2012
- Sheryl Crow makes first public appearance with beau - May 08, 2011
- Fit again Yuvraj back home after battling cancer (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Yuvraj blames himself for delaying treatment - Feb 08, 2012
- Yuvraj says he is getting better - Feb 16, 2012
- 'Armstrong may become symbol for decades of corruption in professional cycling' - Jan 23, 2011
- Lance Armstrong to donate $250k to Haiti victims - Jan 14, 2010
- Lance Armstrong's New Zealand holiday - Jan 30, 2011
- Yuvraj will emerge stronger: Father - Feb 06, 2012
- Don't know what the future holds: Yuvraj - Apr 11, 2012
- Armstrong 'pushed us towards' banned boosting agent EPO: Ex-teammate - Jan 19, 2011
- Yuvraj returns home after winning battle against cancer (Roundup) - Apr 09, 2012
- Yuvraj says his treatment nearing completion - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: brain cancer, campaigner, champion cyclist, cyclist armstrong, devotion, disturbing news, fan base, forgery, gene armstrong, good friend, hoax, jonathan, jonathan jay, jonathan white, lance armstrong, lance armstrong foundation, optimistic message, sensitive issue, tour de france, worst case