Jon McGhee sues Reading Football Club over Gylfi SigurdssonMarch 10th, 2011 - 8:38 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Mar 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A soccer fan in England managed to get compensation from the Reading Football Club after the team sold a player whose t-shirt he has just bought.
James McGhee bought a Reading shirt with the name of Gylfi Sigurdsson at the back for his son, Jon, on his 13th birthday. However just within days of buying the shirt the club sold the player to another German club. Jon felt cheated and threatened to sue the club claiming that the club was taking advantage of the goodwill of the supporters.
Reading was initially adamant on any kind of settlement but just before the case was moved to court, the club agreed to compensation. Under the settlement the club paid a total of £72 to Mr. McGhee for the cost of the shirt and the legal fee.
McGhee is delighted with his success claiming that it signify that he has defeated the club. The club though argued that it was much easier to take the approach that they did than to opt for court.
A spokesman for reading told The Daily Mail that, “We only settled because the hearing was right up in Middlesbrough. For the time and effort, it was far more logical to settle.”
- Katt Williams wins back custody of daughter - Dec 12, 2011
- Bon Jovi's raunchy photo muzzling 4 topless babes surfaces - Jul 26, 2010
- Chelsea says no to Terry T-shirts - Dec 26, 2011
- Americans celebrate Bin Laden's death with slogan T-shirts - May 04, 2011
- Nicklas Bendtner told to change underpants for game against Germany - Jun 15, 2012
- 'Save Bhullar' campaign picking up in Punjab - Jun 22, 2011
- 'Freak Out' first Bollywood song to use stop-motion technique - Apr 14, 2011
- Flamengo threatens to sue Palmeiras - Jun 03, 2012
- Bon Jovi called in "rock shrink" to solve band issues - Oct 28, 2009
- Liverpool stunned by Reading in FA Cup third round - Jan 14, 2010
- Perfect sports bras don't exist, say experts - Aug 25, 2010
- Scotch pie undergoes fat-busting makeover - May 11, 2010
- Casey Affleck Settles Sexual Harrasment Cases - Sep 16, 2010
- Associated Press sues retailers over iconic Obama Hope image - Mar 13, 2011
- McClaren returns to coach Dutch club FC Twente - Jan 06, 2012