Johnsons eyes glint at mention of Proteas openersMarch 18th, 2009 - 1:37 pm ICT by ANI
Cape Town (South Africa), Mar.18 (ANI): Australian fast bowler Mitchell Johnson appears to be a man of few words, but mention South Africas new opening pair of Ashwell Prince and Imraan Khan, and there is a glint in his eyes.
“I haven”t played against him [Prince] and I haven”t seen a hell of a lot of him, but I know he’’s got a good record and he’’s been performing very well recently. You”ve got to be wary of that type of player but maybe in the back of my mind there’’s a little bit of hope, that he doesn”t want to be out there. Maybe we can exploit it a little bit, the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Johnson, as saying.
We”ll have a bowlers” meeting and talk about those two players. It’’s going to be exciting for Khan in his first Test, but hopefully we can make it hard for him,” he added.
But his eyes tell a different story. They say: Let me at them.
Johnson’’s speed has never been doubted. Nor has his natural ability. A lethal tennis player when younger, his bat-and-ball talent is obvious. Bowling-wise, he’’s added an inswinger to his repertoire.
Johnson will take the new ball after being beaten up during the week by his girlfriend. Jessica Bratich, a former Australian karate champion and wannabe world No.1, has been laying into her beau all week with hands and feet. (ANI)
- Footage of 2009 South Africa series 're-energised' Johnson to fly in Perth Test - Dec 18, 2010
- Ponting keen to keep Hughes head from becoming too big - Mar 12, 2009
- Arthur backs 'hot and cold' Johnson to hit 'gold dust' form in Ashes series - Nov 09, 2010
- India three wickets away from victory in Durban Test (Lunch report) - Dec 29, 2010
- Kallis, Boucher frustrate India (Tea report) - Jan 05, 2011
- Harbhajan gives India an edge in third Test (Lunch report) - Jan 05, 2011
- Pressure got to me in Ashes, says Johnson - Jul 12, 2011
- We will be better prepared against Johnson: Pietersen - Dec 22, 2010
- Walsh backs 're-energised' Johnson to fly in Perth Test - Dec 12, 2010
- Johnson must 'conquer himself first' to be England Ashes 'conqueror': Roebuck - Dec 11, 2010
- India A struggling at 77 for six - Jun 06, 2012
- South Africa dump failed opener McKenzie and pace bowler Morne Morkel - Mar 11, 2009
- Nielsen backs 'refitted' Johnson to be Oz Ashes saviour - Dec 10, 2010
- Team ready for Oz test, will stay off controversy: Dhoni - Dec 12, 2011
- Pace bowler Morkel ready to spice it up for India - Dec 15, 2010
Tags: ashwell prince, back of my mind, bat and ball, cape town south africa, different story, first test, girlfriend jessica, glint, hands and feet, jessica bratich, karate champion, little bit of hope, man of few words, mitchell johnson, morning herald, natural ability, south africas, sydney morning herald, tennis player, wannabe