Johnson to play against Proteas at SCG on FridayJanuary 22nd, 2009 - 1:13 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Jan.22 (ANI): Australian pace bowler Mitchell Johnson has been rushed straight back into the Australian team for Friday’’s one-day match against South Africa at the SCG.
Johnson returns following a fortnight`s rest after the SCG Test and Ben Hilfenhaus drops out of the 12-man squad for the third match in the five-game series which is locked at 1-1.
Spinner Nathan Hauritz is in with a chance to play his first match of the one-day series with the final side to be named before play on Friday.
“Mitchell will obviously come back in, a couple of weeks off he was obviously jumping out of his skin to get back in the nets to bat and bowl again. That is a good sign for us. Hauritz is in the 12 and Hilfenhaus is the one who misses out, Fox Sports quoted skipper Ricky Ponting, as saying.
The Australian team is as follows: Shaun Marsh, David Warner, Ricky Ponting, Michael Hussey, David Hussey, Cameron White, Brad Haddin (wicketkeeper), James Hopes/Nathan Hauritz, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Bracken and Shaun Tait.
The South African side (possible): Herschelle Gibbs, Hashim Amla, Jacques Kallis, A B de Villiers, J P Duminy, Neil McKenzie, Mark Boucher (wicketkeeper), Albie Morkel, Johan Botha, Dale Steyn/Morne Morkel and Makhaya Ntini. (ANI)
- Johnson returns for third one-dayer against South Africa - Jan 22, 2009
- Johnson lucky to get a Cricket Australia central contract - Jun 22, 2012
- Lee, Tait recalled for first ODI against England - Jan 11, 2011
- Forrest, Wade in Australia's Test squad; Haddin retained - Mar 14, 2012
- Hastings in Australia's World Cup squad, Siddle dropped - Jan 18, 2011
- CA drops David Hussey, Bracken and Clark from contracted players list - Apr 07, 2010
- Australia opt to field against New Zealand - Feb 25, 2011
- Ponting, Watson, replace Warner, Ferguson for ODI series against Sri Lanka - Oct 26, 2010
- Spinners Hauritz, Doherty to face off for World Cup spot - Jan 11, 2011
- Australia bat in fourth Test - Jan 24, 2012
- Australia elect to field against India - Oct 28, 2009
- Marsh to miss one-day series in New Zealand - Feb 28, 2010
- India opt to bat against Australia at SCG - Jan 03, 2012
- Rookie Victorian spinner included in Oz squad for ODI tour of India - Oct 09, 2009
- Australia to rest Mike Hussey against India - Feb 11, 2012
Tags: cameron white, dale steyn, david hussey, david warner, fox sports, hashim amla, jacques kallis, johan botha, makhaya ntini, mark boucher, michael hussey, mitchell johnson, morne morkel, nathan bracken, nathan hauritz, neil mckenzie, proteas, ricky ponting, shaun tait, wicketkeeper