Joey Barton helps catch burglarAugust 16th, 2011 - 7:50 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Joey Barton is being hailed as a hero after he announced on Twitter that he “helped” the police to nab a burglar. The Newcastle player has been known in the past for breaking the law but he revealed through his tweet that he helped to keep the law in his latest deed.
The midfielder wrote on his Twitter page that, “05:26 was awoken by a banging sound, burglar attempting to break into neighbor’s house. Needless to say he was apprehended.”
Barton again tweeted, “He was so subtle he attempted to put a massive log through the window. What with the burglar and Arsenal game, it’s been an incident-packed 24hrs.”
The footballer has more than 380,000 followers on his Twitter account. The news definitely is one that his fans would cherish especially after his controversial involvement in the sending off of Arsenal’s Gervinho during the game between Newcastle and Arsenal last weekend. The game ended goalless.
The Northumbria Police have indicated that the suspect taken into custody is a 25-year-old man. The man is currently being held on suspicion of being the burglar. The CCTV footage from the house of Barton is being used by the police to positively identify the suspect.
- Barton stripped of QPR captaincy, fined - Jun 25, 2012
- Amy Childs finally reacts to Joey Barton's comments - Nov 15, 2011
- Barton dismisses Man City star Barry as 'teacher's pet' - Apr 08, 2011
- Burglars break into Zsa Zsa Gabor's home - Mar 01, 2011
- Newcastle star Barton could face FA action over 'obscene gestures' - Dec 13, 2010
- FA likely to charge QPR's Barton - Jan 03, 2012
- Man with knife breaks into Paris Hilton's home - Aug 26, 2010
- Resurgent Arsenal beat Newcastle - Mar 13, 2012
- Henry offered two-month contract by Arsenal - Dec 29, 2011
- Newcastle ace Barton gives his version of infamous bust-up with Dabo - Apr 08, 2011
- Burglar caught after falling asleep on bed - Sep 23, 2011
- Newcastle striker Ranger arrested on suspicion of assault - Aug 28, 2011
- Caroline Flack denies that she is dating Joey Essex - Jan 30, 2012
- Warnock calls FA's ruling on Barton 'scandalous' and 'farcical' - Jan 05, 2012
- Manchester City wins league title in thrilling fashion - May 14, 2012
Tags: arsenal, breaking the law, burglar, followers, footballer, game, gervinho, hero, joey barton, massive log, midfielder, neighbor, newcastle player, northumbria police, old man, suspicion, tweet, twitter