JKP to host 8th All India Police Water Sports Championship from June 2May 19th, 2009 - 7:25 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, May 19 (ANI): Jammu and Kashmir Police is hosting the prestigious 5-day long 8th All India Police Water Sports Championship-2009 from June 2, in which police sports personnel from across the country will compete in the disciplines like Kayaking, Canoeing and Rowing.
This is for the second time that Jammu and Kashmir Police has the privilege to host the event being held under the aegis of All India Police Water Sports Control Board.
This was stated at a high level meeting held here today at CID Headquarters to finalize the arrangements for holding the championship.
Jammu and Kashmir Police has always been in the forefront of promoting adventure sports, especially, water sports because of the natural advantages in the State , has in terms of its mountains, beautiful river valleys and vast expanses of water bodies.
Apart from creating a colorful spectacle for the locals as well as the visiting sports persons and tourists, this prestigious event would also contribute to the promotion of water sports in the country. Sports and games have always been an integral part of police traditions. These activities promote positive competition and enhance national integration. The championship will provide an excellent opportunity to the participants to demonstrate their professional skills and also create brotherhood among different states and central police forces personnel.
During the meeting, it was disclosed that 5-day championship will be inaugurate on June 2 at Dal Lake and will conclude on June 6.
For smooth and successful conduct of the championship, different committees have been constituted to perform the assigned tasks during the event. The committees constituted are organizing committee, reception, accommodation, transport, souvenir, printing and publicity, jury of appeal, and opening and closing committees.
The organizing committee will have 14 members. They include DGP (CID), Dr. Ashok Bhan, IGP, Jammu, Mr. K. Rajendra, IGP, (Headquarters), Mr. P. L. Gupta, IGP (Personnel), Mr. Ram Lubhaya, IGP Crime, Mr. S. M. Sahai, IGP, Home Guards, Mr. Dilbagh Singh, Director SSG, Raja Aijaz Ali, IGP Security, Mr. A. K. Gupta, IGP Traffic, Mr. M. A. Shah, IGP (Mod), Mr. Z. H. Chisti, IGP, Kashmir, Dr. B. Srinivas, IGP Police Housing Corporation, Mr. Ravinder Kotwal, IGP, Raialways, Mr. M. A. Anjum, and IGP (CID) Mr. Farooq Ahmed. Besides, Inspector General of Police (Armed), Sheikh Owais will be the Organizing Secretary of the Committee.
The Jury of Appeal will have 6 members. They are DGP (CID), IGP (Armed), J and K, Join Director IB, Principal PTS, Manigam, one member each from Rowing Association and Kayaking and Canoeing Association.
IGP Jammu Zone Mr. K. Reajendra will be the Chairman of the reception/accommodation committee at Jammu and IGP Kashmir, Dr. B. Srinivas will be the Chairman of a similar committee at Srinagar. The committee at Jammu will have 12 members and at Srinagar 10 members.
IGP, Security, Mr. A. K. Gupta will head the transport and security committee which will have 10 members.
Media Relations and Publicity Committee will be headed by IGP (CID), Mr. Farooq Ahmed, which will have 6 members.
IGP (Armed), Sheikh Owais will head the Opening, Closing and Hospitality Committee, having 11 members and IGP Crime, Mr. S. M. Sahai will head the Invitation, Souvenir and Printing Committee having 6 members.
Among other, the meeting was attended by IGP, (CID Headquarters ) J and K Mr. Farooq Ahmed, DIG (Armed), Mr. A. G. Mir, SSP (CID) Headquarters, Mr. Asrar Khan, Dy:.SP. PCR, Mr. Manoj Kumar Pandita, PRO to IGP, Mr. Mohammad Ashraf Hakak and other police officers. (ANI)
- Omar Abdullah orders major shake-up in administration - Aug 26, 2010
- Omar orders major administrative reshuffle in J-K - Aug 26, 2010
- Summer unrest was fuelled by criminals, guerrillas: Kashmir Police - Jan 18, 2011
- Srinagar murder case solved: Police - Jun 10, 2011
- Massive recruitment of sub-inspectors in Jammu and Kashmir Police - Oct 09, 2010
- Three arrested for Maulana Showkat killing (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Guerrilla module busted in Srinagar - Aug 22, 2012
- JKCA members want Farooq Abdullah to order CBI probe - Mar 21, 2012
- Ashok Prasad takes over as new Kashmir police chief - Jul 23, 2012
- Jaish chief commander killed in Srinagar (Lead) - Mar 10, 2011
- 3 arrested for Maulana Showkat killing - Apr 16, 2011
- Separatist leaders put under house arrest in Srinagar - Jul 27, 2012
- Police to help rehabilitation of released Kashmir militants - Feb 26, 2012
- Jammu and Kashmir Police launch police-public interaction on radio - Dec 11, 2010
- Kashmir stone pelters, separatists have nexus with LeT: Police - Nov 27, 2010
Tags: adventure sports, aegis, ashok, beautiful river, bhan, colorful spectacle, country sports, jammu, kashmir, national integration, organizing committee, police forces, police sports, prestigious event, professional skills, river valleys, sports and games, srinagar, water bodies, water sports