JKCA internal probe clears Abdullah of hand in scamJuly 18th, 2012 - 6:39 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, July 18 (IANS) Union minister Farooq Abdullah, who is also the president of the Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association (JKCA), has been exonerated of the multi-crore embezzlement charge in the in-house interim probe report, sources in the association said.
JKCA sources told IANS that the report, however, indicts association chairman Mohammad Aslam Goni.
Goni had lodged a police complaint in Srinagar March 10 and Abdullah ordered an in-house inquiry into the allegations of misappropriation of JKCA funds amounting to Rs.40.53 crore.
The in-house probe report will shortly be submitted to Abdullah for action, sources said.
Besides Goni, the report accuses then treasurer Ahsan Mirza and secretary Saleem Khan of tampering with the resolutions which had been given by the JKCA office-bearers to the banks for operation of the association’s accounts.
The sources revealed that the interim report concludes that the three members — Goni, Mirza and Khan who operated JKCA accounts - were solely responsible for the handling of the fund that was meant for the development of the game in the state.
The report also points towards the involvement of some bank officials, and alleges they may have facilitated JKCA office-bearers in mishandling finances in one way or the other.
Goni denied knowledge of any interim report of the in-house inquiry. “I do not know when and who held this inquiry, as no one spoke to me,” he said.
- Farooq Abdullah orders in-house probe into JKCA fund scam - Apr 12, 2012
- Kashmir cricket body lodges report with police - Mar 10, 2012
- 'Farooq doesn't handle J&K; cricket finances' - Mar 12, 2012
- JKCA members want Farooq Abdullah to order CBI probe - Mar 21, 2012
- PDP demands CBI probe into Kashmir's cricket scam - Mar 12, 2012
- Ruckus in Kashmir assembly over cricket scam - Mar 13, 2012
- I will quit politics if graft charges proved: Farooq - Mar 27, 2012
- Centre will bring Lokpal bill: Farooq Abdullah - Mar 24, 2012
- Tax sleuths make progress in probe against Balakrishnan's kin - Jan 12, 2011
- Omar government telling lies, claims Mehbooba - Oct 29, 2011
- Judicial panel appointed to probe National Conference worker's death - Nov 18, 2011
- Tripura Congress holds sit-in fast to press demands (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Feb 09, 2012
- Selectors didn't have faith in Rathore: NRAI president - Mar 13, 2012
- Jammu and Kashmir cricket body demands apology from Karnataka police - Oct 18, 2009
- Arrest of cricketers in Bangalore shocks valley - Oct 18, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,