JK Tyre Junior Cup racing this monthDecember 17th, 2008 - 7:34 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 17 (IANS) The fourth JK Tyre Junior Cup racing will be held at the MMST track here over two weekends from Dec 20-21 and Dec 27-28, it was announced here Wednesday.The championship this year will be a four-round event in the Formula Maruti class and is essentially for beginners and young racing enthusiasts who have not raced or won a race in the last two years. Each round consists of three races in the short loop of the circuit.
Sanjay Sharma, Head Motorsports, JK Tyre and Industries, said: “It has been our constant endeavour to promote motor sports at all levels in the country. JK Tyre Junior Cup has been an ideal platform to spot and encourage new talent and provide growth opportunities for deserving young racers in the country.”
“Nowhere in the world one gets a single-seater racing car at a price of Rs.15,000 for a round of three races. The prize money for the championship is in excess of Rs.10 lakh (Rs.1 million), as the top three winners also earn a free drive in the JK Tyre National Racing Championship 2009.”
Apart from the Formula Maruti races, there will also be two races each in the Race Star Cup class (saloon cars) and a race for two-wheelers under the TVS Race a Bike scheme.
The JK Tyre Junior Cup is a forerunner to the next JK Tyre National Racing Championship, which is slated to begin February 2009.
- An incentive for top three in JK Junior Cup racing - Apr 15, 2011
- Full grids for National Racing Championship - Jun 15, 2011
- Full grid of Swift unlikely in National Championship - Jul 27, 2012
- JK National Racing Championship promises faster action - Jul 06, 2012
- Rajvirdhan, Diljith claim titles in National Racing - Nov 26, 2011
- Ameya, Vishnu annex titles in JK Tyre National Racing - Nov 27, 2011
- Impressive wins for Balu, Kutty - Aug 26, 2012
- Close contests on cards in JK Tyre National Racing - Oct 14, 2011
- Front-runners might have it tough in JK Tyre National Racing - Jul 15, 2011
- Close battles in the offing at national racing - Aug 24, 2012
- Rains add twist to National Racing Championship - Nov 25, 2011
- National Racing Championship set for wet finish - Dec 17, 2010
- MRF races at Noida F1 circuit - Dec 01, 2010
- Bolisetti to drive in British GT series - Jan 22, 2012
- Double for Rajvirudhan, Feroz Khan in JK Tyre National Racing - Sep 18, 2011