JK Racing Asia Series to have two rounds in EuropeMay 24th, 2012 - 7:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 24 (IANS) The second edition of JK Racing Asia Series beginning this weekend in Malaysia has added two European venues in its calendar.
The 16-race series (formerly known as Formula BMW Pacific) kicks-off at the Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia over the weekend and will culminate at the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) in Greater Noida in December.
From Malaysia, the series will move to its new venues in Europe. The second round (June 29-July 1) will be staged alongside the Blancpain Endurance event at the Paul Ricard Circuit while in Belgium’s Spa Francorchamps (July 27-29), it will be a support event to the high-octane Spa 24 Hours.
The championship will then return to Asia and run as a support race to Formula One rounds in Singapore (Sep 21-23) and India (Oct 26-28) before culminating at the BIC where it will run alongside the World GT1 Championship (Nov 30-Dec 2).
Vishnu Prasad, Raj Bharath and Sandeep Kumar will be the Indians competing in the series opener.
“Putting Indian drivers on the international grid has always been part of our programme and this will test their mettle in the international arena against some of the best in the world in their age-group,” said Sanjay Sharma, JK Tyre’s head of motorsport.
The season is set to be a battle of reigning champions Eurointernational and Meritus GP.
Austria’s Lucas Auer, representing Eurointernational, won the inaugural edition in 2011.
- JK Asia Series to run in Europe (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- JK Racing Asia series set for Euro debut - Jun 29, 2012
- JK Racing: Khushlani replaces Patel for Silverstone round - Sep 07, 2012
- Nabil dominates JK races - Jul 02, 2012
- Ikhwan scores a double in 3rd round of JK Racing Asia Series - Jul 23, 2011
- Double for Ikhwan in JK Racing Asia Series - Jul 24, 2011
- Keen battle likely in JK Racing Asia series - Sep 22, 2011
- Khushlani finishes impressive sixth in JK Racing Asia Series - Oct 29, 2011
- Aditya finishes ninth at Spa - Jul 28, 2012
- Ikhwan achieves double in JK Racing Asia Series - Sep 25, 2011
- Armaan hopeful of improved show at Spa round of F2 season - Jun 23, 2011
- Patel finishes sixth at Spa - Jul 27, 2012
- FMSCI not to be blamed for Buddh Circuit's lockdown: Chandhok - Nov 09, 2011
- Euro drivers sweep top spots in JK Asia Series - May 27, 2012
- JK Asia Racing: Ikhwan scores fifth win - Sep 24, 2011
Tags: asia series, bharath, endurance event, european venues, formula bmw, gp austria, greater noida, inaugural edition, international arena, jk racing, jk tyre, meritus, mettle, paul ricard circuit, sandeep kumar, sanjay sharma, sepang international circuit, spa 24 hours, spa francorchamps, vishnu prasad