JK Asia Series to run in Europe (Lead)May 24th, 2012 - 8:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 24 (IANS) The second edition of JK Racing Asia series, consisting of 16 races, will make an entry into Europe where two rounds of the championship are scheduled at the famous Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium and the Paul Ricard Circuit in France.
The JK championship, formerly the Formula BMW Pacific and currently the only ‘junior’ Formula racing series, kicks off this weekend at the Sepang International Circuit as part of the Malaysian Super Series.
From Malaysia, the series will move to its new venues in Europe. The second round (June 29-July 1) will be staged alongside the Blancpain Endurance event at the Paul Ricard Circuit while in Belgium’s Spa Francorchamps (July 27-29), it will be a support event to the high-octane Spa 24 Hours.
The season is likely to witness another head-to-head battle between Team Eurointernational, the reigning champions, and Team Meritus GP. This year, both camps have placed their confidence on the past front runners to lead their teams, Nabil Jeffri for Eurointernational and Afiq Ikhwan for Meritus GP.
Three young Indian Vishnu Prasad, Raj Bharath and Sandeep Kumar, all products of JK Karting championship, have been offered significant subsidy by the company to participate in the opening round in Malaysia, according to a press release.
“Putting Indian drivers on the international grid has always been part of our programme and this will test their mettle in the international arena against some of the best in the world in their age-group,” said Sanjay Sharma, JK Tyre’s head of motorsport.
- JK Racing Asia Series to have two rounds in Europe - May 24, 2012
- Nabil dominates JK races - Jul 02, 2012
- JK Racing Asia series set for Euro debut - Jun 29, 2012
- Ikhwan scores a double in 3rd round of JK Racing Asia Series - Jul 23, 2011
- JK Racing: Khushlani replaces Patel for Silverstone round - Sep 07, 2012
- Double for Ikhwan in JK Racing Asia Series - Jul 24, 2011
- Aditya finishes ninth at Spa - Jul 28, 2012
- Eurointernational post 1-2 finish in JK Asia Series - May 26, 2012
- Patel finishes sixth at Spa - Jul 27, 2012
- JK Racing: Khushlani grabs eighth spot - Sep 09, 2012
- Ikhwan achieves double in JK Racing Asia Series - Sep 25, 2011
- Keen battle likely in JK Racing Asia series - Sep 22, 2011
- JK Racing: Khushlani bags second spot - Sep 10, 2012
- Euro drivers sweep top spots in JK Asia Series - May 27, 2012
- JK Asia Racing: Ikhwan scores fifth win - Sep 24, 2011
Tags: afiq, age group, asia series, bharath, endurance event, eurointernational, formula bmw, front runners, international arena, jk tyre, karting championship, mettle, paul ricard circuit, sandeep kumar, sanjay sharma, sepang international circuit, spa 24 hours, spa francorchamps, tyre, vishnu prasad