JK Asia Racing: Ikhwan scores fifth winSeptember 24th, 2011 - 9:17 pm ICT by IANS
Singapore, Sep 24 (IANS) Malaysia’s Afiq Ikhwan scored a pole-to-flag win, his fifth, in the JK Tyre Racing Asia series, here Saturday.
The Meritus GP driver said: “I am so happy. Five wins back to back! The car was really good, everything was perfect and I would like to thank my team and sponsor Petronas for this.”
The race was marred by two Safety Car periods. “It was not like racing. There were two Safety Car periods which disrupted me a bit, but I kept my focus on driving a consistent pace to finish the race,” said Ikhwan.
Lucas Auer of Euro International climbed from 10th place to finish in second, just ahead of Malaysian driver Nabil Jeffri.
The safety car came out first time following a contact between Auer and Aaron Chang.
Auer’s front touched Chang’s rear tyre causing Chang’s car to flip and go sideways into the wall.
Chang came out of the car and was kept for observation in the medical centre for two hours.
The race ended on lap 9, with the Safety Car again pulling in to allow the drivers to cross the chequered flag. The race results remain provisional pending technical checks.
- Ikhwan scores a double in 3rd round of JK Racing Asia Series - Jul 23, 2011
- Ikhwan achieves double in JK Racing Asia Series - Sep 25, 2011
- Double for Ikhwan in JK Racing Asia Series - Jul 24, 2011
- JK Racing: Khushlani grabs eighth spot - Sep 09, 2012
- Keen battle likely in JK Racing Asia series - Sep 22, 2011
- Eurointernational post 1-2 finish in JK Asia Series - May 26, 2012
- Nabil dominates JK races - Jul 02, 2012
- JK Asia Series to run in Europe (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Khushlani finishes impressive sixth in JK Racing Asia Series - Oct 29, 2011
- JK Racing: Khushlani bags second spot - Sep 10, 2012
- Euro drivers sweep top spots in JK Asia Series - May 27, 2012
- Aditya finishes ninth at Spa - Jul 28, 2012
- JK Racing Asia Series to have two rounds in Europe - May 24, 2012
- Vettel wins a near perfect race, Sutil finishes ninth (Roundup) - Oct 30, 2011
- Patel finishes sixth at Spa - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: aaron chang, afiq, asia series, auer, checks, chequered flag, euro international, gp, ikhwan, jk tyre, medical centre, meritus, observation, pace, periods, petronas, rear tyre, safety car, singapore, tyre