Jimmy Rollins Strains Right CalfApril 13th, 2010 - 7:37 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Philadelphia, Apr 13, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Jimmy Rollins, the shortstop for the Philadelphia Phillies had suffered a strain in the right calf on Monday. Sources claim that the injury is of Grade 2 level however, the player is scheduled to go for an MRI on Tuesday and before that nothing could be specifically declared about the seriousness of the injury. The player strained his calf while exercising just before the game between Philadelphia Phillies and Washington Nationals.
During the pregame introduction session, Jimmy Rollins was announced as being the leadoff hitter for the Philadelphia Phillies team. On Monday, after the player got injured he was immediately kept out of the field for the day and was replaced by Juan Castro, the right-handed infielder. However, due to the injury Jimmy Rollins postponed his attempt to break the record of hitting the ball to the farthest which was scheduled for Tuesday. According to some reports, Jimmy Rollins, who had a personal record of hitting a home run of 424 feet was preparing to break Babe Ruth’s 576 feet record. He was to use a souped-up bat to break the record in downtown Philadelphia.
Jimmy Rollins has reportedly mentioned that he is sorry for the postponement and added that he is confident that the team will be able to reschedule the event and that he would be able to set a new record. Jimmy Rollins has collaborated with University sports science and physics professor to prepare for the event.
Apart from Jimmy Rollins, the Philadelphia Phillies on Monday suffered another loss when right fielder Jayson Werth left the field injured. However, Jayson Werth maintained after the team’s win that though two players are out, the team will be fine.
- Jayson Werth's New Bearded Look - Feb 23, 2010
- Washington Nationals Rope In Jayson Werth For A Whopping $126 Million Deal - Dec 06, 2010
- Phillies Wins Phillies-Dodgers Game 5 And NLCS Series - Oct 22, 2009
- Giants Knocks Down Phillies In Game 6 Of NLCS - Oct 25, 2010
- Is Cliff Lee going to be traded to the Texas Rangers? - Jul 31, 2012
- Phillies: Winners Of The Longest Match Of National League - Oct 12, 2009
- Former Catcher Darren Daulton Inducted Into Philadelphia Phillies Wall Of Fame - Aug 07, 2010
- Atlanta Braves Acquire Alex Gonzalez - Jul 15, 2010
- Chase Utley Hits Record Tying Five Homers - Nov 03, 2009
- Reds' Todd Frazier loses his bat - May 29, 2012
- Phillies Winning Streak Continues In Phillies-Dodgers Game 4 - Oct 20, 2009
- Ross Gload Has Been Signed On By The Phillies - Dec 09, 2009
- Chan Ho Park: Good Comeback - Oct 16, 2009
- Roy Halladay Makes His Perfect Pitch, Philadelphia Phillies Wins Over Florida Marlins - May 30, 2010
- Local Boy Jesse Biddle Gets Picked By The Philadelphia Phillies - Jun 08, 2010
Tags: babe ruth, jayson werth, jimmy rollins, juan castro, kar, leadoff hitter, meena, mri, personal record, philadelphia phillies, phillies team, physics professor, postponement, right fielder, seriousness, shortstop, sports science, strains, university sports, washington nationals