Jesse Ryder may become quickest Kiwi to 1000 Test run markMarch 29th, 2009 - 1:45 pm ICT by ANI
Napier, Mar.29 (ANI): Batsman Jesse Ryder is on track to becoming the fastest New Zealand cricketer to reach 1000 test runs.
According to a Sunday Star report, Ryder has so far scored 768 runs from 14 test innings and needs another 232 to reach 1000.
The Kiwi record holders for the fastest 1000 runs, a benchmark in test cricket, are John F Reid and Mark Richardson, who both took 20 innings to post a grand.
If Ryder can keep scoring at his current average of 64, he will reach 1000 runs in his 18th innings. In contrast, when Ross Taylor brought up his 1000th test run at Napier on Thursday, it was his 29th innings,
Only 19 batsmen in the history of cricket have reached 1000 runs in less than 20 innings, with the leaders being England’s Herbert Sutcliffe and West Indian Everton Weekes (12 innings), followed by Don Bradman (13 innings). (ANI)
- Ryder hits third Test ton as New Zealand fight back (Ahmedabad Test highlights) - Nov 06, 2010
- Ryder smashes record 16 sixes against Australia A - Nov 27, 2011
- India hands out innings defeat to Kiwis in Nagpur - Nov 23, 2010
- Sangakkara on a record breaking spree, beats Bradman - Jul 04, 2012
- Hyderabad Test: McIntosh's ton helps Kiwis reach 258-4 on Day One - Nov 12, 2010
- Indian bowlers leave Kiwis tottering on first day of Nagpur Test - Nov 20, 2010
- Clarke's triple century makes it tough for India (Roundup) - Jan 05, 2012
- Ryder's classy ton shows his appetite for success - Nov 08, 2010
- McCullum, Taylor take New Zealand to 358/6 (Lead) - Mar 13, 2011
- Jesse Ryder's reaction after dismissal shows his hunger for runs - Mar 27, 2009
- Ryder-Oram plot South Africa's downfall, take New Zealand into semis (Roundup) - Mar 26, 2011
- Kiwis hope to make the Wright impact - Feb 14, 2011
- India lose Sehwag early, trail Australia by 415 (Second Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- First Test ends in a draw - Nov 08, 2010
- Ryder, Williamson star in New Zealand fightback (Roundup) - Nov 06, 2010
Tags: batsman, benchmark, don bradman, england, everton weekes, history of cricket, kiwi, mark napier, mark richardson, new zealand, ross taylor, ryder, star report, sunday star, sutcliffe, test cricket, test innings, test run